Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Thanks ladies!

We;ve had our appointment and AF has arrived today! My injections will start tomorrow to stimulate my ovaries and I think I start having scans to check on how my follicles are growing from approx weds. I have to wait for the clinic to call back on Monday to arrange the first scan. I will then start another drug at some point which will stop my body from ovulating. Approx 10-14 days from today I'll take a 'trigger shot' then 38 hours later I go into theatre to have my eggs removed and crossing our fingers! We are taking each step one at a time.... so first thing is to start the injections tomorrow. I am feeling quite motivated and positive :)
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good luck PKK! Mind if I ask if this is flare/ short protocol you'll be having?
    My daughter is starting it in December.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Artytarty wrote: »
    Good luck PKK! Mind if I ask if this is flare/ short protocol you'll be having?
    My daughter is starting it in December.

Yes it is the short protocol :)
  • Artytarty
    Thanks.
    Fingers crossed .!
    I always cheer you ladies on from the sidelines.
    Her amh is on the low side despite age being in her favour.
    They need Icsi too so a bit of a double whammy.
  • skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 October 2019 at 6:52PM
    Spotting started late last night & more today, so expect tomorrow to be cd1.

I'm really struggling mentally at the minute, when I'm at work and surrounded by people I'm OK, but the moment I'm home alone or driving I feel so down. I don't down if the fact its time of the month has made me extra emotional or what, but I just feel so teary and rubbish. I swear if I hear "your trying too hard" & "it'll happen when the times right" again I'm going to punch someone.
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear that skimper, it's !!!!.
  • Artytarty, we are having ICSI too. It's no different for the person than IVF is, just to extra cost hahaha. Luckily my AMH is very good,although of course that doesn't say whether my eggs are high quality!

We are a week in to the injecting and I feel ok so far. I've had a little headache today and accidentally had a two hour nap instead of going to the gym! hahaha So I think the side effects from the drugs are going to be more noticeable over the next few days.

I'm sorry skimper :(. Rambosmum is right, it is !!!!. We need to allow ourselves the down moments in this journey as otherwise if we don't let it out it will consume us!
  • Artytarty
    edited 20 October 2019 at 10:52AM
    Hi PKK, I'm glad you've got a good amh, that is an indicator of egg quality as well I believe. All sounds good for you.
    I hope the side effects aren't too bad,it will all be done soon at least!
    I think it's both terribly exciting and terrifying!
    So far, my daughter is very calm about it all, they have bought a package deal which gives you lots of tries in a two year period so that at least reduces the pressure somewhat.
    She won't tell anyone though,I keep saying it's not a nasty little secret but she thinks if they know they'll be waiting and asking. Fair point.

Single egg transfer or double? Here they are very against carrying twins if possible so single transfer is recommended. Even then though I've read that the chances of twins with ICSI is as high as 30%!
    It's Lower for straight IVF.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me rejoining? I was here in 2016-2017 when TTC my lovely DS who is now 19 months and we are starting to think of having another. I'm still breastfeeding so my cycles are all over the place and I have endometriosis and PCOS which doesn't help.

I've only had 3 periods since DS was born so I don't think this will be particularly easy but last time it only took a year with the endo/PCOS problems so I'm just going to see what happens (I give it 2 months max before I buy OPKs though :rotfl:)

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone, especially you PKK :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Welcome back kirsty, hope your stay is a short one.

Nothing to report here, fertile week is just about to start for me. Been concentrating on losing weight and managed to shift 7lbs so far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback