Options
    Poppie68 wrote: »
    City council court and no.....

In the body of his post he refers to a city county court
  • Latazza
    Latazza Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    teebird wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I am aware of the scams that ask for 'fees' first. I was NEVER going to fall for that.
    So I went ahead and bought the PaySafe vouchers....
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you google the address it is a PPI claiming company, but the phone number is completely different to the one they gave you. Always google anything they give you, it looks like they're using the PPI company as their cover.
  • hybernia
    hybernia Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The actual company operating out of 137 Finchley Road, London NW3 6JG is PPI Claimline Ltd, formed in 2005. It is a subsidiary of Emc Advisory Services Ltd. The actual office building is known as Centre Heights.Their website is:

http://www.ppiclaimline.com/

The company's name is misspelled in Google Maps. There, it is said to be called "PPI Claims". Obviously, it isn't, but the foreign scammers who trawl Google Maps for UK locational information don't know that. They're thick.

They're also not in the UK at all, nor do their telephone calls come from the UK. Instead, they phone from a long-established scam operation in India (India though: who'd a-thought it?) via Skype and spoof the number.

Every "representative" is of Indian nationality, and though they use British names, they do have a little local difficulty in trying to use a British accent.

The *genuine* company -- PPI Claimline -- has nothing whatever to do with the scam. ActionFraud is well aware of this scam operation because it has been repeatedly notified of it but it'll do no harm to report it to them yet again:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

You may also wish contact PPI Claimline via their own website -- and also tell ActionFraud you've done just that.

Stamping out India-based scam operations isn't easy, given the way the authorities act -- or don't act -- over there (something that is very much the case here, seeing as this particular scam is now in its third year: same scammers, same fraud, same faked phone calls, same 'company name', address and telephone number.)

After three years of this, you might have thought the guilty parties would by now be locked up in some Indian jail. Think again. However: the more complaints that are made to ActionFraud, and the more PPI Claimline itself demands official action to protect its name, the more chance there is of Mr Navtej Sarna, India High Commissioner in London, getting his ear bent and perhaps doing something about it.

But please try not to upset any valuable India trade deal which the UK Government may currently be pursuing.

* By the way, the word "voucher", whenever it is used in any cold-call from any source, is another word for "scam".

• Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    In the body of his post he refers to a city county court

Sorry hollydays I obviously mis-read what you posted.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    And I don't believe you.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    And I don't believe you.
    Random post after almost 2 years...or did a spam post get deleted?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Random post after almost 2 years...or did a spam post get deleted?

I'm going with the latter.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    And the spam Poster.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Seventh_Prevent
    Options
    This Scam has raised its ugly head again, although PPI has ended up until August 2019 the fictitious Financial Advisor Steven Walker 0208 638 8572 and accomplice a Ms Pamela Taylor of ( PPI Claims line UK, 137 Finchley Road - which is a block of flats ) were scamming elderly and vulnerable people into believing they were owed large tax rebates from the Government , so were tricked into sending what they called a finders fee in cash instalments to a Solicitors Based in Bracknell to move there cases along swiftly. The address given 4 WOKINGHAM ROAD, BRACKNELL RG42 1PD is actually the home of none other than Ms Pamela Taylor ( accomplice and scammer ) She receives the stolen cash which is then divided up between herself and mastermind Steven Walker.

This in itself is a break through as Action Fraud never had a actual UK address to pin this to , but Ms Pamela Taylor (her real name) does reside at that address so anyone affected by this scam in the past this is the UK base for this long running Scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure