Origin Broadband - any good

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    @ Origin-Broadband

Should you wish to officially post on this forum on behalf of Origin Broadband you need to read the Forum Rules (link below) particularly the section headed "Companies posting on the forum" and obtain permission to do so.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs
    Simply copy/pasting the same stuff over and over is spam and it will possibly be removed.

If Origin Broadband wish to participate in a useful way please provide some answers and explanations to the questions and comments about Origin Broadband being raised by members.

Exactly - I could create a profile called "Organic Broadband" and post under that alias
    It is meaningless - Simply posting the same response again and again and again - please credit your customers with some intelligence !!
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Exactly - I could create a profile called "Organic Broadband" and post under that alias
    It is meaningless - Simply posting the same response again and again and again - please credit your customers with some intelligence !!

O-B are posting as an approved representative, and were doing so before you posted.

What were you saying about intelligence?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    IAmWales wrote: »
    O-B are posting as an approved representative, and were doing so before you posted.
    Indeed, look at the bottom of all the Origin Broadband posts;
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I've used MSE for many, many years but your inclusion of Origin Broadband on the site is a disgrace.

I signed up to Origin Broadband through MSE for a year's broadband and phoneline, and paid £189.99 upfront on 27 February 2017. After reading terrible customer reviews on here and other sites - which is now my experience - I decided to go with the MSE Sky deal so cancelled the contract with Origin on Saturday 4 March 2017, first by email, then by phone, This was well within the 14 days cooling off period.

After being transferred to the 'cancellations' department I was left left hanging on the phone for over ten minutes, finally being cut off. On Monday after speaking to three different people - they don't make it easy - I finally got through to this department who cancelled the contract and said the money would be refunded between seven and ten working days - ie two weeks at the most, so by 20 March 2017.

Today, 7 April 2017 I still haven't been refunded and have a £190 hole in my finances with monthly bills to pay. As for Origin Broadband's comment today - they'll look into it but they don't know why it hasn't been paid.

So anyone thinking of signing up to Origin - BEWARE .
  • 50Twuncle wrote: »
    MSE should be held partly responsible for this
    They have advertised Origin as being a good ISP when they are clearly anything but............
    Come on MSE Andrea - please comment.

Totally agree with this.
  • myxbox wrote: »
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Origin is included in our Cheap Broadband guide where we currently say feedback is mixed (as at March 2017). Take a look at our research: Origin Broadband

Back to the original post...

Hi there , am thinking of moving to Origin Broadband , firstly for adsl then fibre

my exchange is a 21CN , market 1 BTW only

how do others find the service and support .

Given what the say here "Origin operates one of the largest networks in the UK, this means we have more than enough capacity so we never need to throttle your connection, limit you or slow you down"

Has any one ever suffered slow speeds with them

many thanks

NO NO NO! Go elsewhere... 90 minutes on hold BEFORE you even speak to anyone at customer service! I have emailed twice in the last 3 weeks STILL WAITING for a reply. I emailed the link from Origin Feedback on here last week, STILL WAITING for a reply. I have the SLOWEST speeds ever no WIFI usage in the bedrooms, sitting rooms or kitchen (router is in the sitting room) and I cannot watch Amazon Firestick, BBCiplayer etc or Netflix as there is constant buffering!!

I am paying for a service that they are NOT providing... and I am now going to the Ombudsman. Seriously frustrated as I am disabled and use online for my prescriptions, appointments and banking... DIABOLICAL SERVICE :mad:
  • Origin-Broadband
    Origin-Broadband Posts: 69 Organisation Representative
    @ Origin-Broadband

Should you wish to officially post on this forum on behalf of Origin Broadband you need to read the Forum Rules (link below) particularly the section headed "Companies posting on the forum" and obtain permission to do so.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs

Simply copy/pasting the same stuff over and over is spam and it will possibly be removed.

If Origin Broadband wish to participate in a useful way please provide some answers and explanations to the questions and comments about Origin Broadband being raised by members.

Thank you for this,

Here at Origin we take feedback seriously, as such when customer comment on forums with a positive/negative experience we would like to hear more about it.

This isn't spam, this is us trying to collate data - and then help and thank customers where we can for whatever feedback they give us.

We understand how this may read, and we thank you for this post.

Kind Regards
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Origin-Broadband
    NO NO NO! Go elsewhere... 90 minutes on hold BEFORE you even speak to anyone at customer service! I have emailed twice in the last 3 weeks STILL WAITING for a reply. I emailed the link from Origin Feedback on here last week, STILL WAITING for a reply. I have the SLOWEST speeds ever no WIFI usage in the bedrooms, sitting rooms or kitchen (router is in the sitting room) and I cannot watch Amazon Firestick, BBCiplayer etc or Netflix as there is constant buffering!!

I am paying for a service that they are NOT providing... and I am now going to the Ombudsman. Seriously frustrated as I am disabled and use online for my prescriptions, appointments and banking... DIABOLICAL SERVICE :mad:

Hi there,

Thank you for your response to this.

I have just checked our feedback@origin-broadband.co.uk inbox and there is only 1 email in there at the moment. Could I please ask if this is the email address you used to email us last week?

I am keen to get your problem resolved by giving you a direct contact to contact us to avoid any possible wait times and other things to resolve your complaint.

If you could kindly forward the email you sent last week, to the above address a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Origin
  • Origin-Broadband
    frazzled68 wrote: »
    I've used MSE for many, many years but your inclusion of Origin Broadband on the site is a disgrace.

I signed up to Origin Broadband through MSE for a year's broadband and phoneline, and paid £189.99 upfront on 27 February 2017. After reading terrible customer reviews on here and other sites - which is now my experience - I decided to go with the MSE Sky deal so cancelled the contract with Origin on Saturday 4 March 2017, first by email, then by phone, This was well within the 14 days cooling off period.

After being transferred to the 'cancellations' department I was left left hanging on the phone for over ten minutes, finally being cut off. On Monday after speaking to three different people - they don't make it easy - I finally got through to this department who cancelled the contract and said the money would be refunded between seven and ten working days - ie two weeks at the most, so by 20 March 2017.

Today, 7 April 2017 I still haven't been refunded and have a £190 hole in my finances with monthly bills to pay. As for Origin Broadband's comment today - they'll look into it but they don't know why it hasn't been paid.

So anyone thinking of signing up to Origin - BEWARE .

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your response above, and my full apologies that you are experiencing a delay in your refund.

If you would like to email 'origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk' with the subject header as 'Money Saving Expert' and your Origin account details on there also, I will have a member of our team look into the matter for you right away.

I apologise again, for the delay in your refund.

Kind Regards,

Origin
  • Origin-Broadband
    yrebud wrote: »
    Please do Andrea, signed up for a year and their rubbish. Crap customer service, slow speed ( the router they send for the standard broadband has the old wifi 802.11n instead of the latest 802.11ac wifi.)

I didnt see this advertised before I signed up so can I complain about this and leave free of charge?
    It just said 'powerful all in one hub' when really its an old fashioned router which will never cope with today's wireless devices.
    Please get Oliver Bryssau on here, emailed him four times with no reply.
    Origin are a shockingly bad company.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your current situation, my full apologies that you are having issues with your connection/router.

We do have various options when customers explain they arent getting speeds, one of these could be the upgrade to fibre (If it is available) or changing your router for you.

Could you please email your account details over to 'origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk' with 'Money Saving Expert' as your header.

I will then have one of my team contact you about this.

Kind Regards,

Origin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure