IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim deadline tomorrow

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I understand from the other posts its best to deny being the driver of the vehicle
    Only if the Defendant was not. No lies, only ''deny'' if that is true.

'Denying' is not the same as not saying who was driving (the latter being OK).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • . Only if the Defendant was not. No lies, only ''deny'' if that is true.

'Denying' is not the same as not saying who was driving (the latter being OK).

I haven't denied or admitted her being the driver in the defence as yet to clarify I didnt mean lie I meant not confirm either way . . Have you had a chance to view my second draft, any comments?
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    In post #11 I told that 5(c)(i) didn't make sense. Now it's 5(c)(ii).... Either reword or remove it.

You need to look at grammar and layout:
    Para 8 is leading yet (b) does not flow.
    (a) Failed to inform the defendant of the original parking offence and fine, moving to court proceedings against the defendant with no prior notice.!
    This is a civil matter. You have not been issued with a "fine" and no "offence" has been committed.
    I conclude your signs are not clear and no contract was formed with the driver.
    Your defence is talking to the court not the claimant.
    (iii) It is believed the signage and any terms were not transparent or legible; this is an unfair contract, not agreed by the driver and contrary to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in requiring a huge inflated sum as 'compensation' from by an authorized party using the premises as intended.
    "from by"????
    "Authorized" > 'Authorised'

You say it's an unfair contract yet elsewhere you say no contract has been formed. Stay consistent!
  • Lamilad wrote: »
    In post #11 I told that 5(c)(i) didn't make sense. Now it's 5(c)(ii).... Either reword or remove it.

You need to look at grammar and layout:
    Para 8 is leading yet (b) does not flow.

This is a civil matter. You have not been issued with a "fine" and no "offence" has been committed.

Your defence is talking to the court not the claimant.

"from by"????
    "Authorized" > 'Authorised'

You say it's an unfair contract yet elsewhere you say no contract has been formed. Stay consistent!

I have updated to the below, Im trying to get across there was no signs where the car was parked, on the opposite side there was a sign that is barely legible when entering the road and another hidden in a bush 100 meters away on same side of road and secondly no ntk or other letters were received

5. In the absence of any proof of adequate signage that contractually bound the Defendant then there can have been no contract and the Claimant has no case.

a) The Claimant is to put strict proof that at the time of the alleged event they had both advertisement consent and the permission from the site owner to display the signs.
    b) In the absence of strict proof I submit that the Claimant was committing an offence by displaying their signs and therefore no contract could have been entered into between the driver and the Claimant.

c) Inadequate signs incapable of binding the driver - this distinguishes this case from the Beavis case:

(ii) Sporadic and illegible no signage at site/entrance (signage only on one side and hidden in bush) breach of the POFA 2012 Schedule 4 and the BPA Code of Practice and no contract formed to pay any clearly stated sum.

(iii) It is believed the signage and any terms were not transparent or legible; there is therefore no contract, agreed by the driver and contrary to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in requiring a huge inflated sum as 'compensation' from a party using the premises as intended.

(iv) No promise was made by the driver that could constitute consideration because there was no offer known nor accepted. No consideration flowed from the Claimant.

(v) The signs are believed to have no mention of any debt collection additional charge, which cannot form part of any alleged contract.
    d) BPA CoP breaches - this distinguishes this case from the Beavis case:
    (i) the signs were not compliant in terms of the font, size, lighting or positioning.
    (ii) the sum pursued exceeds £100.
    (iii) there is / was no compliant landowner contract.

6. No standing - this distinguishes this case from the Beavis case:
    It is believed that the claimant do not hold a legitimate contract at this venue. As an agent, the Claimant has no legal right to bring such a claim in their name which should be in the name of the landowner.

7. The Beavis case confirmed the fact that, if it is a matter of trespass (not breach of any contract), a parking firm has no standing as a non-landowner to pursue even nominal damages.

8. The charge is an unenforceable penalty based upon a lack of commercial justification. The Beavis case confirmed that the penalty rule is certainly engaged in any case of a private parking charge and was only disengaged due to the unique circumstances of that case, which do not resemble this claim.

The Defendant denies any liability whatsoever to the Claimant in any matter and asks the Court to note that the Claimant has:

(a) Failed to inform the defendant of the original parking fine, moving to court proceedings against the defendant with no prior notice.
  • maria212
    maria212 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September 2017 at 11:43PM
    [IMG]hxxp://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3oaZVa5jhE7b0ptMTFKTEpuS2s[/IMG]
    [IMG]hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3oaZVa5jhE7VUk2dVFvd2NpVGs[/IMG]

Pics (change https to work I believe )
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3oaZVa5jhE7b0ptMTFKTEpuS2s

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3oaZVa5jhE7VUk2dVFvd2NpVGs

What are those pictures of?

The first one appears to be a short section of empty road, and the second on has a few flagpoles and a couple of signs that look like nothing to do with parking.
  • KeithP wrote: »

What are those pictures of?

The first one appears to be a short section of empty road, and the second on has a few flagpoles and a couple of signs that look like nothing to do with parking.

Thats exactly where car was parked, a road with no signs or lines!
  • Lamilad
    (ii) Sporadic and illegible no signage at site/entrance (signage only on one side and hidden in bush) breach of the POFA 2012 Schedule 4 and the BPA Code of Practice and no contract formed to pay any clearly stated sum.!

"Signage at the site was sporadic and illegible. In places it was obscured by shrubbery. This is a clear breach of the BPA CoP"
  • Lamilad wrote: »
    "Signage at the site was sporadic and illegible. In places, it was obscured by shrubbery. This is a clear breach of the BPA CoP"

thank you, excuse the poor images it was taken on iPhone 4! I have tried to identify a: where cars are parked a and b: where there is a sign but it isnt easily identifiable or large [IMG]hxxp://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3oaZVa5jhE7NmswR1M2Y2RGQVU[/IMG]
    should i include these images in defence?
  • Lamilad
    maria212 wrote: »
    thank you, excuse the poor images it was taken on iPhone 4! I have tried to identify a: where cars are parked a and b: where there is a sign but it isnt easily identifiable or large [IMG]hxxp://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3oaZVa5jhE7NmswR1M2Y2RGQVU[/IMG]
    should i include these images in defence?

No, evidence comes later. Your defence is just a statement of why the case is disputed, in bullet point format.

It should focus strongly on legal points that support your case and failings that diminish theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure