PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Saturday Brunch ideas?

Comments

• morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    maggie111 wrote: »
    Mmmmmm I love the sound of pancakes, and they're my husband's favourites too!!!

Pancakes it is!!

How can I keep them warm??

On a dinner plate set over a pan of simmering water, covered with a tea towel. Otherwise you can zap to order in a microwave.

paulies_nixie: you have to try pancakes, streaky bacon cooked really really crisply and maple syrup - it's delicious :D
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    We traditionally have pork pie with tea or coffee and OJ plus mini croissants and pains au chocolat . Buy it all, just warm up croissants and pains so no need for cooking and anyone who wants is allowed toast. Who wants to cook on Christmas morning ? Uses up time which needs to be spent on presents and eating Quality Street and After Eights.
  • we always have quails eggs poached inthe fondue pan at the table with onion bagels and smoked salmon. The eggs are so diddy - I started doing it when the childrfen were tiny and now my teenagers are very miffed if they don't get them!
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Traditional Christmas breakfast for us is bacon sandwiches, OH always makes them after everyone has opened their presents. We have lunch about 1pm and don't bother with starter or pudding because the rest of the afternoon is normally spent eating chocolate or cheese & crackers!
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • I'm doing brunch on boxing day for eight people, and am seriously short on ideas on what to feed everyone. Does anyone have any ideas please?

It needs to be very cheap and easy. I don't want to do anything like bacon sandwiches/fried breakfast as it's too much hassle.

Help!!
  • I would do muffins - make up several batches of different types: berry, cinnamon, chocolate etc and then freeze and defrost when you want them - serve on 'fancy' plates / cakestands with OJ and coffee x cheap and easy!

or French toast or bagels (bit costly though)

HTH a bit

Norman x
    Bon App's Scraps!
    :)
    MFb40 # 13
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A large dish of Kedgeree (easy to make) ...let people help themselves.

Selection of breads/bagels with jams marmalade etc.
  • I forgot to say try large savoury muffins too to make it more brunchy - we are eating lots of pumpkin muffins at the moment which are delish - I also have a recipe for mushroom ones if you want x
    Bon App's Scraps!
    :)
    MFb40 # 13
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Make a selection of breads, bagels, pancakes to go with jam and cheeses. On GBbake off, a woman made bagels by making up a sweet bread dough, then poking her finger through the middle and spinning it round her finger to make the big whole :D
    All of these can be cooked before hand, even the pancake batter can be whipped up in 2 mins the night before or pre-cooked.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Home made pizza slices? Make the dough a few days beforehand, roll it in the morning and put the toppings and just bake before they arrive.

I could do it for 8 for about £5 - and make some potato salad to go with it [pots, mayo, onions, spices] for another £1 at most.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure