Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Options

Comments

• pknottm
    pknottm Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Legendino wrote: »
    pknottm said "it really shouldn't be this difficult toget a final bill and any credit back "

You think ?

I have been with TE since the demise of OneSelect in december 2018 (was it really that long ago)

To date I have not paid A Penny for my fuel. That's right going on for 6 months supply of gas and electric and I haven't paid a cent.
    The DD has been set up since Jan, (easily viewed in online banking) I regularly submit readings. I know there is approx £500.00 + outstanding debt. I have sent numerous emails explaining the situation. I actually got a reply about 3 weeks ago and I was told Accounts would contact me later that day. Nothing heard !
    I have explained more than once that I will not phone and pay this over the phone. I have submitted my phone number and invited them to phone me. I have requested banking details so I can pay it via bank transfer.
    I have now informed them that due to their lax procedures allowing this debt to accumulate I can only afford to repay it at a max of £100.00 a month. (not true but hey !)
    What would you do ?

yes, I definitely think you shouldn't have to wait 8 months and go through the ombudsman to get any credit balance bank after moving suppliers. It should be automatic.
    Do you think we should have to wait?

Anyway, good news, I finally got my credit balance bank and a £50 gesture of goodwill, 4 hours before the ombudsman implementation deadline! It only took 8 months! :T:beer::j
  • Wimbish
    Wimbish Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We too were given this terrible company resulting from a move from OS.

We joined them with a credit of almost £500 and took a DD of £143 just after the switch and a further one for another £143 taken in January.

I tried to deal with Together in December 18 and they were just so rude. Hanging up, refusing to deal with me as the account is in my husband's name even though OS had permission to deal with me and my husband gave TE the same permission!

I complained to TE by email in Dec 18 and still have heard nothing although I did receive a standard email, which I presume was sent to every OS customer, saying we would have a full refund by end Jan 19. Hah!

The ombudsman is involved and TE have until 10 Jun to reply to them but I won't hold my breath.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wimbish wrote: »
    The ombudsman is involved and TE have until 10 Jun to reply to them but I won't hold my breath.
    Do keep us updated. I have an Ombudsman complaint just a few days behind yours (I also don't expect any defence to be entered).
  • Wimbish
    Options
    Got a phone call from TE on the 9 Jun saying they were going to comply with the Ombudsman, they had until 10 Jun, giving us back £347.59, paying back a DD of £143 plus £30 goodwill credit.

They are still being sneaky, though. :(

Their letter says:
    "Sent you out the bill showing you this credit amount with a link to input your bank details and obtain your credit balance."

Directly below it, states:
    "Obtained your bank details to make a direct payment of £30 Goodwill Credit awarded by Ombudsman Services and advised that this can take 10 days to process."

They have our bank details and yet we still have to jump through hoops of providing information they already have to get our money back!!

Tried to copy the letter here but I can't. Sorry!
  • Legendino
    Legendino Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I have now raised a complaint with the Ombudsman.
    I guess most people are owed money by TE ? I am in a strange position of complaining because I have paid nothing (£0.00) since being transferred from OneSelect in december. I estimate my debt to be in the region of £600.00 + pounds now. The DD has been set up since jan and I have tried my best to get this sorted out. What a way to run a business ?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wimbish wrote: »
    Got a phone call from TE on the 9 Jun saying they were going to comply with the Ombudsman, they had until 10 Jun, giving us back £347.59, paying back a DD of £143 plus £30 goodwill credit.

They are still being sneaky, though. :(

Their letter says:
    "Sent you out the bill showing you this credit amount with a link to input your bank details and obtain your credit balance."

Directly below it, states:
    "Obtained your bank details to make a direct payment of £30 Goodwill Credit awarded by Ombudsman Services and advised that this can take 10 days to process."

They have our bank details and yet we still have to jump through hoops of providing information they already have to get our money back!!

Tried to copy the letter here but I can't. Sorry!
    Interesting, I've got an apology letter and goodwill payment incoming. I assumed this would be by cheque, but it will be interesting to see if they intend to make a direct payment as they've not refunded my credit balance yet and I left them in late January.
  • Wimbish
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Interesting, I've got an apology letter and goodwill payment incoming. I assumed this would be by cheque, but it will be interesting to see if they intend to make a direct payment as they've not refunded my credit balance yet and I left them in late January.
    The apology letter came, by email, 11 Jun and the DD refund was in our account on the 12th other than that nothing else has arrived.

Considering we started with our new supplier on 10 Jan 19 its appalling how long this has taken and the steps we have had to go through, like many of you, just to get back what is rightfully ours.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received a call from collections department asking for payment of £9.08 that I owe them. I refused to pay over the phone as I don't trust them to take the correct amount going on their past history so I asked if I could pay via my account, was advised that I could but blowed if I can see how as there's no option on their website which allows this, any ideas ?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Just received a call from collections department asking for payment of £9.08 that I owe them. I refused to pay over the phone as I don't trust them to take the correct amount going on their past history so I asked if I could pay via my account, was advised that I could but blowed if I can see how as there's no option on their website which allows this, any ideas ?

Just checked my online account - can't see any way to pay via website; Some months ago after I'd left TE, I asked the Customer Services rep. how I was meant to pay my final bill (when it was correctly sorted out:rotfl:) - he said they would take it by DD - I said that there wasn't one set up - total confusion and no answer!!
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Just checked my online account - can't see any way to pay via website; Some months ago after I'd left TE, I asked the Customer Services rep. how I was meant to pay my final bill (when it was correctly sorted out:rotfl:) - he said they would take it by DD - I said that there wasn't one set up - total confusion and no answer!!

I think that's what's happening with me as I also closed the DD, as if I'd trust this lot with access to my money.

I've just emailed them to send me an invoice or advise me how I pay using their website, perhaps I'll be waiting another five months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback