Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Froggy27
    Froggy27 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today the Customer team have surpassed themselves in bad service!

I think i will update you .. despite being promised a replacement phone on 18 october, i still don't have anything.. i have spoken to many different customer services representatives , i have all their names...and they all finish the call thinking they have sorted the problems.. when i call back again 1 or 2 days later..nobody knows of the problems.. the right hand can't talk to the left hand in Customer care team...

Today after being on hold most for 57 minutes, to be cut off, then trying again with a call for 52 minutes, i finally spoke to Ossama who tried to help. Every time i asked to be put through a manager or somebody with authority it’s practically refused.

Ossama tried to help and apparently called many people to end up telling me that according to them, the phone had been delivered on 22 october at the VF wimbledon branch. I asked him to confirm by texting and he did assuring that the phone was there.
    I was dubious but took time off the afternoon and went to Wimbledon.

Wimbledon branch DID NOT have the phone nor had any clue of what i was talking about.
    So today i have spend about 4 hours on the phone with VF, (still on hold as I write) spent another 2.30hrs driving to Wimbledon and waiting in the store..

I phoned again and spoke to Emma who COULD NOT SEE anything on my notes and could not understand why i had been told to go to the store…

The merry go round is amazing…

Bottom line I am still without a replacement phone (because mine cannot be repaired), promised on 18 October and VF customer team, cannot handle anything as every time i call .. i get a different story.. but not result, no solution just a lot of empty apologies.
    But of course i have received my bills (for a phone I do not have) for the last 2 months..

the most appalling service to date! basically today (and the last few weeks) is total proof of what has been in the press...:(
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Writing all that on here is what we already are aware of - it's their normal practice. In less time you could have read virtually any page of this thread and contacted the WRT accordingly - the only way you'll ever stop hitting brick walls at your expense.
  • Good evening,
    I'm having a lot of problems with Vodafone trying to honour a retention deal that was offered to me,I have tried complaining via the link on here using the code and entering MSE forum. I have done this 3 times now but never received a reference number or reply,not sure if I'm doing things right
  • Froggy27
    Froggy27 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Writing all that on here is what we already are aware of - it's their normal practice. In less time you could have read virtually any page of this thread and contacted the WRT accordingly - the only way you'll ever stop hitting brick walls at your expense.

This is why it is a forum so we can share experience. WRT won't help as I am in contact with customer care...have already gone down that route..
  • Oxdeals wrote: »
    Good evening,
    I'm having a lot of problems with Vodafone trying to honour a retention deal that was offered to me,I have tried complaining via the link on here using the code and entering MSE forum. I have done this 3 times now but never received a reference number or reply,not sure if I'm doing things right

Just don't retain yourself with them then.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Sounds like a lucky escape to me; always amazes me how determined sometimes people are to enter into the jaws of the lion even when said lion has demonstrated their bite before they're even hungry...
  • I notice the vodafone rep appears to have gone walkabout. Called them yesterday and was told that it was being reviewed and I would be offered £30 for my trouble. Suffice to say nowhere near a reflection of the time and trouble caused by them cutting off my phone for 5 days whilst in the USA. Now waiting for what I expect will be the utterly useless response so I can file it with Otelo/courts
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2016 at 9:06AM
    In May this year my contract ended, it was for a Samsung tablet data sim. I asked on 02/06/16 to officially cancel this data sim as no longer needed. Now I checked and realised Vodafone were still taking money from my bank account! I have now rung them and have to keep explaining why are you not cancelling this account?
    The answer they don't know. So I phone their complaints team he said oh I will put you through to the cancellation team.

I could not believe when the person said 'I'll TRY and cancel it? I said I do not get this it's almost 5 months now. You owe me money.
    So she says I will contact billing whilst you are still on the line .
    She comes back and says: Ok spoke to billing and they will refund you in approx 7 days. Guess what not a penny still taking the direct debit.

This is disgusting, I won't cancel the direct debit because they will default me as daft as that seems.
    If I was not paying you Vodafone you would definitely have defaulted me by now and had debt collectors contacting me.
    So now I email Vodafone with a reference WRT135 still no reply.
    My reference is #14528787 but still nothing.
    This company is a disgrace.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi addedvaluebob,

Have you followed the link on post #649 to email a member of our team? If so, can you please provide us with your reference number so we can look into this for you.

Hi Oxdeals,

When filling out the form, please limit the characters you input into the 'Question' box as this can stop it from being sent off. Once our team contact you, you can explain the issue in full detail.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi rambo83 & Bosie,

We've received both of your emails and a member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure