Old Orange 'Out here' package being cancelled

Comments

• acepaul
    acepaul Posts: 34 Forumite
    I have my original orange outhere box with the receipt, the bag, disc the lot

I emailed photos to someone else who forwarded by post to the ombudsman, they said no as it is historic!

I have had over two hours of conversations with exec care team. There not budging, same here.

There is an ee forum which is moderated by a power mad loads of idiots.

I found on companies house phone number for director of orange personal commication systems ltd, some guy called “T..y”. He just hangs phone up, if wasn’t so expensive would have texted him something about “calling him next Tuesday or Thursday”

I got booted off the ee forum, so being careful on here.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    acepaul wrote: »

I emailed photos to someone else who forwarded by post to the ombudsman, they said no as it is historic!

I have had over two hours of conversations with exec care team. There not budging, same here.

I found on companies house phone number for director of orange personal commication systems ltd, some guy called “T..y”. He just hangs phone up, if wasn’t so expensive would have texted him something about “calling him next Tuesday or Thursday”

It lasted longer than Orange did, get over it and stop doing stupid things like phoning and harassing staff on their mobile phones.
    ====
  • alexpeck wrote: »
    Chaps this is a moneysaving forum - it's to help others save money and avoid unnecessary expense, particularly things they've already paid for ;)

There's some similarities to those who bought the 'lifetime' flights passes from American Airlines (and subsidiaries which were later bought up by AA, much like EE with T-Mo and Orange). Looking back from today, those who still hold it definitely got a 'bargain', but they still paid for lifetime flights. These contracts were tested in courts and found to still stand, despite the obvious disparity to the provider.

SMS is still a part of 5G, so will be around for a while. It's crucial for many parts of industry.

I don't think firing up (another) court case against EE when they have already acknowledged they just simply overlooked the Out Here packs and have offered the equivalent (150 SMS / month on a no charge basis) is the right time to do. 150 SMS / month inclusive they are offering is pretty much exactly the same benefit. To them it's a tiny cost which their accountants will have figuring in when buying up Orange & T-Mo customers.

So, the conclusion is that EE are honouring the plans in much the same way, they just forgot about them when they sent out the automated 'your account is moving' messages. As they're not well known about, explaining it to a 1st line CS and getting the right escalation route is the trickiest part here which Leigh reported earlier this month.

(incidentally, the American Airlines lifetime flights articles are worth a read if you've not seen them before!).

Unfortunately though EE are not listening this time and they have the Ombudsman in their hands so we need to get a group together that are ready to sue the company like which happened the first time when they reneged on their contract with us .
    I was forcibly migrated over to EE from Orange. I had purchased the lifetime add-on called 'Out Here' and this was cancelled by EE. They only gave a fleeting offer of 200 texts for 6 months as compensation which they quickly removed when I asked to take it further. They issued a deadlock letter like they are with anyone complaining they have lost this important service so were forced to go through the ombudsman but they are agreeing with EE .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Terry_S_Mc wrote: »
    I was forcibly migrated over to EE from Orange.

No one 'Forced you' in to anything, you were advised that Orange was disappearing and advised that you'd be moved on to the nearest equivalent EE contract. They gave you the option to leave it at that or ask for the PAC before or after the move.
    Terry_S_Mc wrote: »
    I had purchased the lifetime add-on called 'Out Here' and this was cancelled by EE.

And the 'lifetime' of Orange and the add-on is now over.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

Given your only other post on here is racist you surprise me.
  • acepaul
    No one 'Forced you' in to anything

Wrong, if not forced we would have all got call or text, PAC code is.... but instead we just got bumf about ee
    Given your only other post on here is racist you surprise me.

Sorry, not sure what you mean, did pm you request verification of what was racist, but you ignored it.

EE are not budging on this, it’s “not about money” the exec care team man said
    They are investing £1.5MILLION into the network a day, so why can’t these packs be restored

The old computer coped, yet the new one can’t as it’s a “business decision “ to cancel this, yet can’t get any names to use”.

The fact they offered an alternative means they are admitting there wrong.
  • d123
    Forumite
    p
    They are investing £1.5MILLION into the network a day, so why can’t these packs be restored

The old computer coped, yet the new one can’t as it’s a “business decision “ to cancel this, yet can’t get any names to use”.

How much do you think it would cost EE to keep the old Orange computer system running? And to continue paying a licence fee to Orange to use the name?

Orange is dead in the UK...
    ====
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Christ. What a faff over a few texts.
    Do people really expect a 'lifetime' service such as these to outlast the company?
  • acepaul
    Would link to it, but needs searching for, on companies house Orange personal commication systems, filing history
    “Trade mark, this, that the other”

Yeah lifetime, if was on the news, gone bust then fine but no took over.

There was a German company that took over a British one, part of the ‘fixtures and fittings’ was the workers pension pot, the Germans went “our company our money”, but no was the workers money so Herman was sued, and the workers got their money back, as it was a ‘for life’ thing
  • d123
    Forumite
    Would link to it, but needs searching for, on companies house Orange personal commication systems, filing history
    “Trade mark, this, that the other”

Yeah lifetime, if was on the news, gone bust then fine but no took over.

There was a German company that took over a British one, part of the ‘fixtures and fittings’ was the workers pension pot, the Germans went “our company our money”, but no was the workers money so Herman was sued, and the workers got their money back, as it was a ‘for life’ thing

Orange is a French company, EE were paying a licence to use the Orange brand.

Orange as a company still exists, it’s Orange UK that no longer exists.

http://www.orange.fr/
    http://www.orange.com/
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills