Old Orange 'Out here' package being cancelled

tsb
tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
EE are taking away the Orange 'out here' package of 5 free texts for life.

I have had a message saying in about 30 days my old PAYG plan will change over to an EE call plan and all old benefits will be lost.

Unfortunately there won't be enough of the old Orange out here customers with valid sim cards left to kick up a fuss like last time when Watchdog got involved.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Well it was a deal that certainly lasted for the life of Orange!
  • daydotz
    daydotz Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Blimey end of a era
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well, my Orange 'OVP' contract SIM is still going, no charge unless it's used. In an old phone in the car for emergencies. Hmm - maybe I should check it...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 October 2018 at 10:27PM
    Orange "Virgin Equivalent Tariff" OVP continues. I know several people still using this.

I understand that EE increased the prices of calls and texts on this, about five years ago.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Orange "Virgin Equivalent Tariff" OVP continues. I know several people still using this.

I understand that EE increased the prices of calls and texts on this, about five years ago.

Not any more, they are slowly cancelling them, it used to be charged at 15p for 1st 5mins of calls then 5p p/m after that
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2018 at 1:34AM
    I remember so well buying my out here package. I kept asking "Is this 5 texts a day for life? Till I die? And they kept saying "Yes Fred until you die". I am pretty sure it was £15. There just came a point when it wasn't worth bothering about.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    eDicky wrote: »
    Well, my Orange 'OVP' contract SIM is still going, no charge unless it's used. In an old phone in the car for emergencies. Hmm - maybe I should check it...

This was discussed here before ..

My OVP/VM is still active, but with little use, the DD has expired and now they've 'upgraded' the on line account system (i.e. disabled it) there's no way of reactivating the DD!

My last call, about 4 months ago is, as yet, un-billed!!!
  • Yes, I'm in the same boat. I thought my "Orange Out Here" was everlasting as promised. I see I'm to be switched to "EE 3G" (does that mean the phone will no longer be able to access 2G?). My ancient Nokia 3210 won't do 3G. I have over £70 balance on my Orange PAYG account from the old days when you got cheaper calls while you had over £75 credit. If my phone will now become useless, I think they should agree to return all my balance.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    RobinV wrote: »
    "EE 3G" (does that mean the phone will no longer be able to access 2G?).
    No, your phone will still work on EE 2G.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    RobinV wrote: »
    Yes, I'm in the same boat. I thought my "Orange Out Here" was everlasting as promised. I see I'm to be switched to "EE 3G" (does that mean the phone will no longer be able to access 2G?). My ancient Nokia 3210 won't do 3G. I have over £70 balance on my Orange PAYG account from the old days when you got cheaper calls while you had over £75 credit. If my phone will now become useless, I think they should agree to return all my balance.

No network will ever return payg credit. They should move it to an EE payg plan though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure