Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 3

Comments

• tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2011 at 10:47PM
    A big thanks to all who contribute to the great DTD deals.

Keep up the good work folks.... I'm loving all the great deals and the chat as well.... Even if its completely ruling my life at the moment LOL!
  • kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Guys - stupid question, but regarding the £100 per month fair usage policy - how do Tesco's know that you've hit the £100 limit? I'm not looking to abuse it, but I have 2 houses between which I split my week? Thoughts?
  • CazGreg
    CazGreg Posts: 207 Forumite
    Just had my first bad experience using a voucher....

After lengthy scrutinising of voucher and original receipt, the trout, sorry, supervisor, put it through.
    But then, to my horror, she grabbed my NEW receipt from the till and started scrawling all over THAT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I politely queried why - she informed me 'it's to stop you putting the details in online and then getting another voucher from this shop'.

I meekly replied 'there's nothing in the terms and conditions to say you can't do that'.
    Whereupon she said 'well you can't do it anymore'.

And that was that. I was too gobsmacked to do anything else there and then. I will be emailing or calling customer services! :mad:
    The people in my life: Betty Crocker, Mr. T and Gordon (of Gordon's gin) :T
  • elsie1969
    elsie1969 Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Angels is a bloke just to clarify :-)

Appologies to Angels, I really didn't mean to call you a Girl, lol :D

Thanks for all your hard work! :T:T:T:T:T

BTW, i brought Taboo 70cl today, will confirm if I get DTD tomorrow!:beer:
  • houpmaner
    houpmaner Posts: 40 Forumite
    Just want to say thank you to all, I am really enjoying this
  • scotsgirl_3
    scotsgirl_3 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    i bought finest roast potatoes yesterday and now saying same price as £2 Mr T £2 A so no dtd :(

I bought some day before and went through fine just in case anyone else was thinking of stocking up

May long this fun continue

Mmmmmmmmm Magners time x x

Did you buy the fresh or frozen potatoes?
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow, thats one loooooooong first post! Thanks very much to all of you over the last two threads who've helped me to free Tesco produce :)

I know, if I'd kept going I could have taken up the whole first page lol. :rotfl:
    CazGreg wrote: »

After lengthy scrutinising of voucher and original receipt, the trout, sorry, supervisor, put it through.
    But then, to my horror, she grabbed my NEW receipt from the till and started scrawling all over THAT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I politely queried why - she informed me 'it's to stop you putting the details in online and then getting another voucher from this shop'.

I meekly replied 'there's nothing in the terms and conditions to say you can't do that'.

And that was that. I was too gobsmacked to do anything else there and then. I will be emailing or calling customer services! :mad:

What a cow!!!!! :eek: Let us know how you get on, she should be reprimanded.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • loobylou232
    loobylou232 Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    kiddy_guy wrote: »
    Guys - stupid question, but regarding the £100 per month fair usage policy - how do Tesco's know that you've hit the £100 limit? I'm not looking to abuse it, but I have 2 houses between which I split my week? Thoughts?
    Two houses = two households. simples;)
  • scotsgirl_3
    scotsgirl_3 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    kiddy_guy wrote: »

Currently it appears to be email address driven
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    CazGreg wrote: »

Thats terrible:mad:

What area was that in?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family