DWP employment waiting list

Options

Comments

• reddave000
    Options
    sigrid wrote: »
    basically it takes like 3-4 weeks for the CRB checks to come back so they are getting them done because in 3-4 weeks they may need more people! If you are checked and ready to role it makes life a little easier! the people who want more people are generally very demanding and want someone in work 2morro which you can't do if you don't have the checks! hope that helps!

Thanks for the info:beer:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    I hate it when this happens. I have had lecturing jobs where I have been held in a pool indefinitely.
    Job advertisements should have to make it clear if they are looking for a pool of employees.

Well done though! :)
  • reddave000
    Options
    sigrid wrote: »
    its not so much a pool its just that because the tests are all fair if 10 people pass everything for 5 jobs they have to keep the other 5 on a waiting list because they met the criteria!

the pools are very shallow too lol! once your checked you could get the job in like a week or 2's notice! (obviously this will depend on you too as if you need to give notice you'll still be able to... I mean purely for the unemployed lol)

I would have to give 4 weeks notice to my current employer, would DWP give you enough time to work through this period? I have worked in the same place 10 years and have a perfect record (no sickness apart from a couple of weeks off a few years ago and no criminal record so CRB will be fine what else are they checking?
  • davelewis
    Options
    I had an interview for a Pensions Advisor with DWP in November 2008 - on waiting list - had phone call this morning to start in March.
  • reddave000
    Options
    davelewis wrote: »
    I had an interview for a Pensions Advisor with DWP in November 2008 - on waiting list - had phone call this morning to start in March.

Good stuff Dave, well done I hope I get a position soon in JCP.:beer:
  • corriefan
    Options
    I went on the waiting list the beginning of December then completed my health & character decs before christmas I called them after the new year to see if everything came back they had received my refs but no health or character decs I received a call a week later asking me if I had received an email advising me that the health & character dec hadn't been received as I hadn't received these they were emailed to me I completed and sent straight back and received a call offering me a job that afternoon with a choice of 3 training courses.
    I start my training tomorrow for 4 weeks I received my offer in writing yesterday hope this helps someone.
  • sportfan
    sportfan Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I've had an interview for an AO post and its been over a week now but no reply? Do you know how long it takes till they write to you and respond? also how and when we receive the test scores?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
  • janet37
    janet37 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sportfan I to am still waiting , for both results from interveiw and results from tests, was thinking about ringing but not really sure what to do.
  • suewiththeblues
    Options
    i done my tests on 27th jan and recieved the results on 18 feb. my interview 16th feb and they said they contact me by post within 2 weeks if this helps
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was told it could be up to 4 weeks before the results were sent out. It was just over 2 weeks when I got the letter.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport