Job Interview with DWP

Comments

• Pep1
    Pep1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    babs2008 wrote: »
    Good Luck.

I have an interview on wednesday and I know how you are feeling.

Just be yourself and relax. And remember, the interview is also for you to judge them, it's not just a one way thing.

Good luck to you as well babs2008, all the best for Wednesday & the future,
    let us know how it goes for you also.
  • Good of luck for Wednesday babs2008. I just get the sinking feeling ill be spending the weekend planning my interview notes.
    Thanks for the tips peps most welcome.
  • babs2008
    babs2008 Posts: 576 Forumite
    pk57 wrote: »
    Good of luck for Wednesday babs2008. I just get the sinking feeling ill be spending the weekend planning my interview notes.
    Thanks for the tips peps most welcome.

Thanks - and thanks Pep1. I'll let you all know how it goes.

And pk57 - don't forget to learn as much about the company and who the interviewers are as you can. They always tend to ask what you know about the company.

In the end I try to look on it as a learning process. I've had a few unsuccessful interviews recently, but I remain positive. The more practice at answering those dreaded questions we get the better.
    Looking forward to the future.
  • hazza04
    hazza04 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Hi there, you may already know this but ive always been told to follow the STAR technique when answering these type of interview questions. its as follows
    S - situation - give a brief example of what the situation was
    T - task - explain the task or objective you had to achieve
    A- action - explain the actions you took to achieve this
    R - result - end with, as a result of this.........eg our productivity went up by 50% etc

this way you can split down your answer in to 4 parts and not lose your way whilst answering. hope this helps ?

good luck!!!
  • Have you got the full descriptions of the four competencies? Have a look through them and make sure that your examples hit all the requirements. As someone else said it is perfectly acceptable to take notes in with you - even if they are just to help you stay on track.

• Hope your Interview goes well babs2008
    World of Warcraft Widow No 1
  • babs2008
    babs2008 Posts: 576 Forumite
    Thanks mother_hub. I'd just logged on to tell you all.

I think it went well. The interview started at 2pm and I was there until 4.24pm :eek:

There were a few tests and things, but they seemed really nice and it would be a great job.

I was the first they'd interviewed, so they told me it may be a little while before they have a decision. I should know be Christmas, I hope.

Hey pk57 - you didn't tell us how yours went?
    Looking forward to the future.
  • babs2008 wrote: »
    Thanks mother_hub. I'd just logged on to tell you all.

I think it went well. The interview started at 2pm and I was there until 4.24pm :eek:

There were a few tests and things, but they seemed really nice and it would be a great job .

I was the first they'd interviewed, so they told me it may be a little while before they have a decision. I should know be Christmas, I hope.

Hey pk57 - you didn't tell us how yours went?

Crikey that's a long interview. Good Luck
    |Credit Card Debt Free|I'll bring you flowers in the pouring rain|
    :money:
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Hi,

Hope you get the job babs2008! I have my interview this weekend so just doing some prep work!!
    Any tips or advice for my interview??
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family