Working the numbers 2019 style

Comments

• If you treat the coffees as entertainment then both the entertainment and the coffee budgets balance. (lies, damn lies and statistics, I know...:o)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I like your line of thinking DIA - some of the coffee's WERE more entertaining than the entertainments, now you come to mention it :-)
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    very busy day today, helped OH at her charity organisation open day sort of thing. I was on the tea stall must have made about 100 cups of tea and half as many coffees.

lot of standing up, must have done loads of steps but I'm still strapless on my fitbit - will sort that out later.

Can't believe we are 10 weeks from xmas. Luckily the kids are happy with cash so the angst of shopping has gone. We will still get them a stocking - just because!!
  • mark88man wrote: »
    Can't believe we are 10 weeks from xmas. Luckily the kids are happy with cash so the angst of shopping has gone. We will still get them a stocking - just because!!

Our older 3 are happy with cash, but I still feel the need to buy one or two pressies on top :o Agreed, stockings are a 'just because'. My youngest two still believe in santa, which is sweet. They track him on the app and leave him snacks out (and booze) :D
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • mark55man
    now officially on few days off - just had to brief a few people at the office and did my expenses, and chatted with some new joiners

need a plan to attack the clutter - as otherwise will get to Friday and be cross with myself - will keep you posted

hoping they will be NSD, but I sense some R&R time with OH - which will involve coffee and people watching
  • mark55man
    got a new strap for my fitbit which feels a bit more secure -put it on at 3pm and up to 1700.
    veggie - no! OH wanted a bacon sandwich and who was I to say no,and would have been rude not to join in
    LSD - just a quick trip to Tesco's - it really seems to be cheaper to pop down to the local and do smaller main shops at the weekend

save/make - been encouraging kids to do the nationwide switch with their post uni (ie largely dormant) accounts and DD1 went through so that's £100 each, although I will probably pay it forward but its ther for now

clean/fix - have been going through boxes and boxes from the garage - taken 10 boxes of stuff to 3 to keep, 3 for FB, and 4 for the tip

actions - have now decided to add new actions into the one list as splitting them is dividing attention , so my current numbers are 23 ongoing and 5 complete. I'm leaving out the middle category of started as that's false news - its either done or it isnt.
  • mark88man wrote: »
    OH wanted a bacon sandwich and who was I to say no,and would have been rude not to join in
    But of course :)
    Good you are back counting steps. I've missed it somehow.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Hope you enjoy your few days off Mark, coffee and people watching is something Mr FTD and I enjoy doing. I also find a smaller shop at the weekend and a trip or 2 to the local during the week seems to help us spend less and ultimately waste less.
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £0/£3,161 0% interest PAID IN FULL 29/01/2021
    Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/2020
    Total £0/£26,340 100%
    DEBT FREE AS OF 29/01/2021

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• mark55man
    thanks DIA, and FTD

today was a nice day mainly at home - did get to town so steps were 3200

was a LSD - we had lunch out, but OH bestie had given us a voucher for most of the meal so ended up under £10

not veggie because of lunch, but for supper I made lovely veggie burritos - bag of rice from lidl, tinned tomatoes, chick peas plus some heinz mexican beans that has been in the cupboard for a year so counting them as free. Plus a bag of tortillas made for 4 adults for £2. DS2 is not keen on vegan so he had some cheese and YS chicken bits and he was happy for not much extra.

clean/fix - 2x dish wash + more box sorting, and took OH car down to garage who fixed an odd knocking for free - which was nice
    make/save - not really focussed on this today
    actions - no change
  • mark55man
    for Thurs 17th

Steps 3500
    LSD - local labour party had a social evening - I had a few but not too many

Save/Make - nothing today
    Clean/Fix - fixed (built from scratch) possibly the most intricate flat pack in the world. Took 3 hours - the first of which was counting all the pieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills