Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    Not exactly the same but I was on a Christmas night out years ago. About 6 of us were sitting round an upturned barrel being used as a table (it was meant to be, all the tables were upturned barrels). I stood up to go to the toilet and next thing I knew I was face down on the barrel. Just completely lost my balance and couldn't stop myself. Wasn't even that drunk (just a wee bit tipsy). I think the whole pub was in fits.
    :rotfl::rotfl: Sorry:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Running late to work at reception is my civil service office many years ago, I jumped off the bus as it moved into stop. It was still moving and propelled me forward where I bounced off the bus stop and landed flat on my back. I then had to walk past the queue of people waiting for me to open reception who had witnessed the whole thing!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Running late to work at reception is my civil service office many years ago, I jumped off the bus as it moved into stop. It was still moving and propelled me forward where I bounced off the bus stop and landed flat on my back. I then had to walk past the queue of people waiting for me to open reception who had witnessed the whole thing!
    :eek: :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was working with the EU in Brussels a few years ago and arranged to meet some work colleagues and walk to the Grand Place. For reasons known only to myself I put some proper shoes on. Needless to say I stumbled on the well-known to be imperfect cobbles as I crossed a road, turned my ankle and ended up sprawled across the road. Everyone simply assumed I was drunk, much to my chagrin. I had not yet had a drink at that stage but became known as the woman who fell over and was teased for years afterwards
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Years ago I was in central London pushing someone along who was a wheelchair user. I slipped on something on the pavement and shot under the wheelchair but in the moment didn't let go of it :o. Result was that the wheelchair plus occupant tipped back and landed on top of me who was flat on my back and now pinned down and unable to move.

Happily a kind passerby rescued us and righted the wheelchair with its unhurt but somewhat surprised occupant. I was then able to get to my feet and we scuttled off in much embarrassment - think stranded, upturned beetles and you get the picture :eek:.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl: Sorry:p

Don't be :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm loving these stories. I'm so glad I'm not on the bus reading them. Thank you, everyone, for sharing.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • beanielou
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Years ago I was in central London pushing someone along who was a wheelchair user. I slipped on something on the pavement and shot under the wheelchair but in the moment didn't let go of it :o. Result was that the wheelchair plus occupant tipped back and landed on top of me who was flat on my back and now pinned down and unable to move.

Happily a kind passerby rescued us and righted the wheelchair with its unhurt but somewhat surprised occupant. I was then able to get to my feet and we scuttled off in much embarrassment - think stranded, upturned beetles and you get the picture :eek:.

:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::p Sorry.

• beanielou
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing :)

• beanielou
    Options
    Chair yoga this morning.
    Popped in to FB to do some paperwork .
    Came home & had forgotten to buy milk.
    So scooted off to SAinsbugs & got the milk & used a pile of change to pay!
    Scooted home & then scooted in the other direction to post a letter.
    I am astonished as to how many dropped kerbs are not pararell.
    I am not keen on going on the road but sometimes I have too.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Good to see you scooting about :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family