Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,442Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1341
  • archived user
    Originally posted by Lioness Twinkletoes
    Love the doors on pic 2 and the stained glass windows. Get rid of the green and yellow. But stuff that price!
    • markin
    • By markin 20th Jun 19, 10:15 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    markin
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-82606592.html

and no danger of a ship grounding in your front patch
    Originally posted by Dandie89

I was to busy thinking is that the front door to see it, looked on street and its NOT the front door, it is on the left of the garage still.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 21st Jun 19, 1:01 PM
    • 8,675 Posts
    • 28,901 Thanks
    fairy lights
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72372649.html
    Lightshades! Jam! Jam! Lightshades! Did I tell you about my jam? Did I show you my Lightshades?
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 21st Jun 19, 1:51 PM
    • 7,647 Posts
    • 9,955 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    Originally posted by Lioness Twinkletoes
    With a better colour scheme and getting rid of the mirror on the toilet seat it could be really nice!
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 21st Jun 19, 1:54 PM
    • 7,647 Posts
    • 9,955 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    Lightshades! Jam! Jam! Lightshades! Did I tell you about my jam? Did I show you my Lightshades?
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    The estate agent was obviously so taken with the jam that they nicked a jar. If you look carefully there are 6 jars in most of the picks, but only 5 in a couple of them...
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 21st Jun 19, 2:50 PM
    • 12,325 Posts
    • 10,912 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    The 70 pictures hopelessly fail to tell the whole story. But the floor plan does! It's a poor layout with narrow rooms!

Actually the photos of the jars of jam, old suitcases and wellingtons have persuaded me to travel 250 miles to view this house as these are just the features I would be looking for in a house!
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 21st Jun 19, 3:27 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    The 70 pictures hopelessly fail to tell the whole story. But the floor plan does! It's a poor layout with narrow rooms!

Actually the photos of the jars of jam, old suitcases and wellingtons have persuaded me to travel 250 miles to view this house as these are just the features I would be looking for in a house!
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    Sod the suitcases, wellies and jam, I want that red Trimphone
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 21st Jun 19, 4:50 PM
    • 10,242 Posts
    • 13,011 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    Sod the suitcases, wellies and jam, I want that red Trimphone
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    It's only a naff reproduction one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-RED-Trim-Phone-Landline-Push-Dial-Telephone-collectable-WILD-WOLF/153521627752
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 21st Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    How disappointing
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 21st Jun 19, 9:41 PM
    • 10,242 Posts
    • 13,011 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    How disappointing
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    There aren't many original red ones and they may be a little more expensive.

As well as <clickyclicky> dialling <clickyclicky> extremely <clickyclicky> slowly <clickyclicky> at 10 <clickyclicky> pulses <clickyclicky> per <clickyclicky> second <clickyclicky> loop <clickyclicky> disconnect <clickyclicky> dialling.
    • StumpyPumpy
    • By StumpyPumpy 22nd Jun 19, 11:50 PM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 3,780 Thanks
    StumpyPumpy
    There aren't many original red ones and they may be a little more expensive.

As well as <clickyclicky> dialling <clickyclicky> extremely <clickyclicky> slowly <clickyclicky> at 10 <clickyclicky> pulses <clickyclicky> per <clickyclicky> second <clickyclicky> loop <clickyclicky> disconnect <clickyclicky> dialling.
    Originally posted by Owain Moneysaver
    Ok, so I know that the following is going to sound (and is) incredibly geeky and everything, but... that phone isn't an original one either.

At the very least it is a chimera. The model number on the bottom (pic 3) is 8722G but that is the number for the Snowdon Collection black & grey rotary dial Trimphone. The Snowdon Collection push button Trimphone in two tone red - which the top of the phone is - should be model 8766. So most likely someone has cobbled two phones together to make one. It is possible that BT themselves messed up the bases but as the workings of the two phones were different, rather than just the colour, I think it is unlikely.

I'm not a phone buff or anything, honestly, I just happen to know about the last (1982 Snowdon) model trimphones. Anyway, I'm now going back to sitting in a darkened room to listen to my collection of late 20th Century ring tone LPs.

Also, just noticed that the paper number insert is wrong too - when that model of phone was released (1982), the GPO had been rebranded as British Telecom for 2 years.

SP
    Last edited by StumpyPumpy; 22-06-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
    • ukmaggie45
    • By ukmaggie45 23rd Jun 19, 8:38 AM
    • 2,966 Posts
    • 20,117 Thanks
    ukmaggie45
    Concerning trim phones... Within about an hour of following the links given to look at the phones I had an email from eBay offering me deals on similar. It was the speed of it arriving that rather surprised me.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 23rd Jun 19, 8:51 AM
    • 29,805 Posts
    • 102,901 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Concerning trim phones... Within about an hour of following the links given to look at the phones I had an email from eBay offering me deals on similar. It was the speed of it arriving that rather surprised me.
    Originally posted by ukmaggie45
    Happens all the time unless you take steps to block tracking etc, but houses aren't like that. I'm still getting weekly persuader emails from Yopa, who want me to let them value our house in BA1....which we left over 10 years ago.
    Things are more like they are right now than they've ever been.

• bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 23rd Jun 19, 8:53 AM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 7,573 Thanks
    bouicca21
    Trim phone knowledge really deserves an emoji all of its own. The thanks button just isn’t enough to recognise true geekiness.
    • Oxon
    • By Oxon 23rd Jun 19, 1:51 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    Oxon
    “Although the property has double glazing it would now benefit from some cosmetic improvement”

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63143124.html
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 23rd Jun 19, 2:06 PM
    • 10,242 Posts
    • 13,011 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    Ok, so I know that the following is going to sound (and is) incredibly geeky and everything, but... that phone isn't an original one either.

At the very least it is a chimera. The model number on the bottom (pic 3) is 8722G but that is the number for the Snowdon Collection black & grey rotary dial Trimphone. The Snowdon Collection push button Trimphone in two tone red - which the top of the phone is - should be model 8766. So most likely someone has cobbled two phones together to make one. It is possible that BT themselves messed up the bases but as the workings of the two phones were different, rather than just the colour, I think it is unlikely.

I'm not a phone buff or anything, honestly, I just happen to know about the last (1982 Snowdon) model trimphones. Anyway, I'm now going back to sitting in a darkened room to listen to my collection of late 20th Century ring tone LPs.

Also, just noticed that the paper number insert is wrong too - when that model of phone was released (1982), the GPO had been rebranded as British Telecom for 2 years.

SP
    Originally posted by StumpyPumpy

The phone says "BT Rented" so can't originally have been a Snowden Collection Phoenixphone 8722 as they were all sale-only with no rental option.

The (8)766 was a second-generation press-button Trimphone with no batteries and that was not the same as an 722. So it's been updated and the labels not changed.

Personally I prefer a Tele 782 working off a Plan107A myself.
    Last edited by Owain Moneysaver; 23-06-2019 at 2:17 PM.
    • Halfie
    • By Halfie 24th Jun 19, 2:38 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Halfie
    Is pic 3 a different house? https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-80899226.html
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 24th Jun 19, 2:44 PM
    • 12,325 Posts
    • 10,912 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    No, definitely same house. Check ceiling decor and edge of brown sofa, same as in other pic of lounge
    • Halfie
    • By Halfie 24th Jun 19, 2:55 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Halfie
    Can’t take credit for this one as it’s been forwarded to me... https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/image-gallery.html?propertyId=58414377&photoIndex=0
    • SallyDucati
    • By SallyDucati 24th Jun 19, 3:28 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    SallyDucati
    “Although the property has double glazing it would now benefit from some cosmetic improvement”

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63143124.html
    Originally posted by Oxon
    And boasts that it's the cheapest 2 bed house in Leeds on Rightmove!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

2,020Users online

Martin's Twitter