Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angelin
    • By angelin 14th Jun 19, 1:56 PM
    • 211Posts
    • 860Thanks
    angelin
    What happens when my landlords leasehold runs out?
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:56 PM
    What happens when my landlords leasehold runs out? 14th Jun 19 at 1:56 PM
    And goes back to the freeholder (the council own the land) my landlord has never mentioned it running out. Ive rented for 20 years (I know). Rumour on my street is that the council owns the land and so do Tescos. Ive checked the land registry and it seems my flat only has five years left on it. I assume my landord bought it fifty years ago knowing this. I absolutely have no clue how this works and I cant see anything on the internet. Do i get served notice from my landlord or does it just play out until the council evict me? I am a key worker locally but i dont think there is such a thing as a council list anymore.

Should i mention it to my landlord or just keep quiet. Its very worrying but i guess this is the price you pay for renting all your life.
Page 2
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 15th Jun 19, 11:26 PM
    • 10,369 Posts
    • 5,614 Thanks
    dimbo61
    Do you know how to contact your Landlord ?
    Maybe in 4 years time if there is only 5 years left on the Lease you could sign a New long term tenancy agreement the government and Shelter keep talking about.
    3 or even 5 year contract at your current rent !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,439Posts Today

8,677Users online

Martin's Twitter