Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jun 19, 6:48 PM
    • 40,604Posts
    • 90,171Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Another bird rescue
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:48 PM
    Another bird rescue 14th Jun 19 at 6:48 PM
    I heard noises coming from our wood burner and guessed a bird had fallen down the flue and got it's silly self stuck.
    Usually birds end up stuck above the baffle plate, but this time it was sat on the wood and flew out as soon as I opened the door.

I put the dog in the kitchen, shutting the doors as I went so it didn't fly upstairs. The bird that is, not the dog.
    I then grabbed my trusty camera and opened the door to the back of the house, intending to herd it to the back door so I could let it out.

A few shots as it flew around the room, ignoring the open door.

Then it decided to fly through the cable slot of our TV cabinet before I opened the doors and managed to persuade it to fly back out again.

This time it flew straight through to our extension at the back so I quickly followed it, shutting doors behind me as I went.

At this point I managed to chuck the dog's towel over it and then pick it up.

I took it outside and put it next to the bird bath at which point thankfully it flew away.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Page 1
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 14th Jun 19, 6:56 PM
    • 2,001 Posts
    • 2,423 Thanks
    MissPickle
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:56 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:56 PM
    My hero fruity
    You are ace.
    Awww I love birds.
    I want a cousin like you
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 14th Jun 19, 7:28 PM
    • 2,318 Posts
    • 2,749 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:28 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 7:28 PM
    Nice garden!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 15th Jun 19, 1:30 PM
    • 13,612 Posts
    • 18,912 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 15th Jun 19, 1:30 PM
    • 15th Jun 19, 1:30 PM
    We get lots of birds in our back garden: sparrows, blue tits, goldfinches, long tailed tits, wood pigeons, blackbirds, thrushes, and some others I've forgotten.

After having our windows cleaned, we had 2 wood pigeons face plant into the glass - 1 against the back bedroom window and the other against the kitchen window.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,484Posts Today

8,756Users online

Martin's Twitter