Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spanishsunawaits
    • By Spanishsunawaits 13th Jun 19, 7:00 AM
    • 75Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Spanishsunawaits
    Switch to M&S Bank - application
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:00 AM
    Switch to M&S Bank - application 13th Jun 19 at 7:00 AM
    I want to switch my RBS account to M&S Bank for the bonus. I started the application but was unsure when I got to the questions about funding the account. I donít want my salary paid into it but will fund the minimum amount from another account(s) and will have four direct debits from RBS account.

Will this cause a problem in the application? I have good credit history and have an M&S credit card. Many thanks.
Page 1
    • quirkydeptless
    • By quirkydeptless 13th Jun 19, 9:17 AM
    • 336 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    quirkydeptless
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:17 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:17 AM
    I recently applied for and was accepted for an M&S current account. Still in the process of getting it set up (they aren't the speediest of Banks).

The application involved the most extensive set of questions I've ever had to answer, which I answered honestly, including that I wouldn't be paying my salary into it, so that factor wasn't a problem for me.

Of course there are many factors for them to use in accepting you. Having an M&S Credit Card, which I don't (0% chance of acceptance for me on the eligibility checker), gives you a nice extra bonus on the Switch offer!
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
    • Spanishsunawaits
    • By Spanishsunawaits 13th Jun 19, 12:02 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Spanishsunawaits
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:02 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Thatís why I stopped part way through the application. There were way too many questions as experienced on other applications. Hence my question about salary and acceptance. Might give it another go. As you say worth it to get bonus with the credit card. Thanks again.
    • Brewer20
    • By Brewer20 13th Jun 19, 2:00 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Brewer20
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:00 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:00 PM
    I suppose it depends if they adopt the criterea needed by HSBC bank for applying for their account, some say you need a salary paying in, enough to fund the account. Suck it and see.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 13th Jun 19, 3:21 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 13th Jun 19, 3:21 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 3:21 PM
    I suppose it depends if they adopt the criteria needed by HSBC bank for applying for their account, some say you need a salary paying in, enough to fund the account. Suck it and see.
    Originally posted by Brewer20
    HSBC Bank and M&S Bank are unlikely to have identical criteria.
    They are targeting different markets.
    • penners324
    • By penners324 14th Jun 19, 12:30 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    penners324
    • 14th Jun 19, 12:30 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 12:30 PM
    You won't need to pay in your salary but just say yes on the application.
    If they ask just switch the account to someone else.
    You'll already have the vouchers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,484Posts Today

8,756Users online

Martin's Twitter