Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Devon_Sailor
    • By Devon_Sailor 13th Jun 19, 2:03 PM
    • 302Posts
    • 613Thanks
    Devon_Sailor
    Lenders with highest income multiples on affordability?
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:03 PM
    Lenders with highest income multiples on affordability? 13th Jun 19 at 2:03 PM
    Afternoon all,

In the traditional mortgage quandry of being able to afford the payments but not able to quite rack up enough multiples of joint income to hit the lending amount. Does anyone have any recommendations of lenders who utlise higher values?

For info if required looking to remortgage to a total of c.430,000 borrowed against a 650,000 valuation. Combined household income c.75,000.

All the various comparison calculators put 30/35yr terms on repayments of between 1300-1500pm. We've done our sums and that's affordable but most we've been able to squeeze out of companies as a provisional offer is 408.

I know there area other ways of skinning it (second mortgage after getting the first on, etc) but it would be much simpler just to get it all done in one go.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Many thanks
    D_S

PS.
    Sum is required as have 395000 build costs (small mortgage and a bridging loan) to refinance. Project was a complete rebuild of a derelict property.
    Last edited by Devon_Sailor; 13-06-2019 at 2:07 PM.
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 13th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    • 11,311 Posts
    • 4,553 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 2:10 PM
    As, you know, it is more complex than that but in simple terms, we have lenders that will do six times, but only on +100K income.

I would have thought 5.5X times will be your maximum leaving you about 20K short.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,458Posts Today

8,823Users online

Martin's Twitter