Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abigail1990
    • By Abigail1990 13th Jun 19, 10:56 AM
    • 50Posts
    • 20Thanks
    Abigail1990
    Nat west aip spouse visa
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:56 AM
    Nat west aip spouse visa 13th Jun 19 at 10:56 AM
    Hi
    I am a British citizen and my husband has been here on a spouse visa since May 2015. His visa is due to expire next August where he will eligible for indefinite leave to remain.

I have approached a broker who has got me an agreement in principle from Nat West. On the A.I.P it does mention something like 'lending may be restricted due to non eu national.' I have stumbled across another thread on here where someone had applied with a spouse visa and Nat West had declined due to the visa. Posters replied never to go to Nat West when one partner is on a spouse visa.

I know the full mortgage application could fail due to underwriting checks etc but my question is if it has passed at AIP with them being aware of the spouse visa (broker had a copy of visa so knew about remaining time etc) then is that element of it pretty secure e.g
    It is unlikely to go and fail because of the spouse visa?

Thank you so much
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 13th Jun 19, 12:10 PM
    • 35,515 Posts
    • 19,419 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:10 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:10 PM
    NatWest criteria;-

For joint applications, where only one party has permanent right to reside the application should be treated as if both applicants have permanent right to reside, and we will therefore consider up to 95% LTV.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Abigail1990
    • By Abigail1990 13th Jun 19, 12:58 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Abigail1990
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:58 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 12:58 PM
    Thank you, i clearly got the wrong end of the stick.

Thank u for replying
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,607Posts Today

8,500Users online

Martin's Twitter