Curve Card

Comments

• Tried today and the same issue. Contacted Curve but I'm not holding my breath. I have 1% promotional cashback on MBNA Horizon and was hoping to use it before 30/11.
  • Has anyone had experience with the amex functionality yet xxxxxxxxxx
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not available yet and I’m not sure itceber will be although curve do say it’s in the pipeline, who knows!

They need to up their game as they have really let customer service go lately.

John
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2018 at 1:09PM
    There's Amex testing going on but I think it requires loading card from Amex rather than just attaching it to Curve. https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/11/26/curve-card-and-american-express/
  • Still can't pay on HMRC and no answer from Curve. Tried to top up Amazon with £5 gift card and it doesn't work either. I guess my card stoppped working at all.
  • Have you checked you have not reached your spending limit? Same thing happened to me and then I noticed I was at the limit of the 30 day spending limit.
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2018 at 10:35AM
    I manage and time my spending. I have £4500 left on annual spending, and £0 used in last 30 days because I used the card last time mid October. I use it only for payments on HMRC site.

I was going to take it to shop and try contactless but I hardly visit shops and make small payments, so didn't have a chance.

I hope Curve can work it out in next 30 days so I can use card to pay VAT. I already missed cashback on MBNA, but I still want to earn some Hilton Points on another card.
  • Got the update, that it's my underlying card refusing transaction. Thing is, I tried different cards, to make sure it's not one card. Today tried it on 3 cards and now it works. Miracle ... Unfortunately way too late, to get cashback on MBNA.
  • JamieGT
    JamieGT Posts: 19 Forumite
    Between Curve Card and Revolut..
    Do any of the experts on here know which card is better for Fx and overseas Travel?
  • jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can't seem to pay money into my government childcare account using my Curve Metal card. They only accept debit cards (showing the Visa and Mastercard symbols) but the number is not accepted as a debit card. Anyone else had the same problem?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure