TicketySplit feedback - official discussion

Comments

• Though I don't want to criticize as I would not have looked if not for your excellent service.

I am travelling from Glasgow to Sheffield on 23rd April using a disabled adult railcard. TicketySplit suggested changing at Lancaster and quoted £8.80 from Glasgow to Lancaster and £8.80 from Lancaster to Sheffield but I found tickets on the same trains for a total of £13.40 (£10.75 from Glasgow to Manchester Piccadilly and £2.65 form Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield). The full fare would be £69.95 so whichever you use but it is obviously worth digging a wee bit deeper than the first fares suggested.:beer:
  • I checked out your Tickety Split after just booking a train from Sheffield to Doncaster and then onto Hull. I paid £18.95 for this return ticket for my son with a 16-25 rail card. When I checked the price on Tickety Split it was £15.95 for the same route but for a one way ticket, how can they say its cheaper!! Trainline also charges a booking fee and a fee for paying with a debit card which I think is quite naughty.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LBurke wrote: »
    I checked out your Tickety Split after just booking a train from Sheffield to Doncaster and then onto Hull. I paid £18.95 for this return ticket for my son with a 16-25 rail card. When I checked the price on Tickety Split it was £15.95 for the same route but for a one way ticket, how can they say its cheaper!! Trainline also charges a booking fee and a fee for paying with a debit card which I think is quite naughty.
    Agreed, the problems you identify are not being addressed, and this is why it's better to use trainsplit.com.
  • Just used the ticket split app. It keeps say that the best price is £60 single. I can do it manually for £55.50 each (need 2). This is for the London Euston - Glasgow Central (11:30am - 16:01)

11:30am London Euston - 14:46 Carlisle (£91)
    14:47 Carlisle - 16:01 Glasgow Central (£20)

Total £111 saving £9 more than the app?
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just tried alternatives & none came up as cheaply as ticketysplit.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • yorkie2
    Just tried alternatives & none came up as cheaply as ticketysplit.
    I can't find the details of your journey. Can you supply the origin, destination, departure/arrival times and date of travel please, so we can make the comparison?
  • the split ticket button seems to be no longer apearing on the trainline website, just spoken to their online team and they suggested it had been removed. I achieved what I needed to manually but can anyone offer an opinion on this?
  • :rotfl:Ho, ho, ho. My "split ticket" turned out to be 17 tickets; 8 each way and one for the credit card! :rotfl:

Oh and 16 different seats, but the ticket collector told me to sit in the "unreserved" carriage and I was not disturbed.

Return Birmingham to Plymouth costs £54.80 each way = £109.60. Split Birminghah - Cheltenham - Plymouth return = £76, saving £33.60.
  • yorkie2
    :rotfl:Ho, ho, ho. My "split ticket" turned out to be 17 tickets; 8 each way and one for the credit card! :rotfl:

Oh and 16 different seats, but the ticket collector told me to sit in the "unreserved" carriage and I was not disturbed.

Return Birmingham to Plymouth costs £54.80 each way = £109.60. Split Birminghah - Cheltenham - Plymouth return = £76, saving £33.60.
    Did you book this through Trainsplit.com?

I'd guess so, as I understand MSE's Ticketysplit cannot identify savings as good as this as it is limited to one "split" (a combination of two tickets).

In future (probably a year or two) Trainsplit will issue through reservations, but unfortunately at present it's not possible with current systems. In the meantime, you can get a through seat reservation on CrossCountry using their text service.
  • Dear All

I have look at this split ticket link and its confusing and it contradicts itself you can only buy a single one way ticket yet it lets you chose a two together railcard that only works when you buy two tickets the moneysaving expert team needs to update this link/site I have try to contact someone at moneysaving expert with no joy or reply waist of time.
    I have found a much much better site that will give you split tickets for return as well as single journey for two people and it has a landline phone number to call if you have and problems or difficulty using the site they was very very helpful NOT LIKE THIS TEAM:sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure