The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

Comments

• sahun
    sahun Posts: 303 Forumite
    87ka87 wrote: »
    Um dont know if this has already been said but matalan do 10% off for the NUS card holders. They don't seem to advertise it either...

Was in Matalan today, and they only offer the discount if you have a NUS extra card, basically the card you have to pay for :( Wasn't happy when they told me that.
    Never knock on death's door, ring the doorbell and run away ..... he hates that :mad:
  • Plus Giraffe do 25% off, specific times only so basically not the weekends when they make most their money. But hey we're students which means we have free time in the week and during the day so could drop in a get a tasty breakfast or lunch at a discount price.

They will give you a card only once you have showed your NUS/appropriate student ID.

It is always asking for student discount as it arises in the most unlikely places, example I'm having my dissertation interviews transcribed by a professional typing company and they offer 10% to students!!
    :mad::mad::mad: -£22,614.77. :mad::mad::mad: 22/10/11

:A:T Debt free MARCH 2015:eek: (remembering it's taken 12 years to accumulate this debt, paying it off in 3.5 is awesome :j:j:j)

• deanlr55
    deanlr55 Posts: 70 Forumite
    have you got a link for the transcribing offers and how to get hold of them??? that sounds worthwhile for my dissertation!!!
    CC £1700/£1477 HSBC Acc. £-1750/£400
    Barclay Acc. £-2009/£-1280 / A & L Acc. £-908 £0!! / Finance £-1008 £-590 / Loan £8000 £8000
    (JANUARY 09 DEBT/ NOW)
  • spudfish
    spudfish Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry for not checking through 14 odd pages of stuff, so i may be repeating here but studentbeans.com have a good list of student offers (i hope Martin doesn't mind me plugging a rival!).

ah yeah, i have repeated myself. Ah well!
  • c.cam108 wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but in Subway (sandwiches) you can get any meal (6" sub, drink with free refills and a cookie/crisps) for only £2.99. All the Subway's I've tried it in do it, but some new members of staff might not have heard of it. Great deal considering some subs on their own cost £3.49!

_C

Hi, which Subways did you try this in? Is it area specific? Seems like a cracking deal.
  • spudfish wrote: »
    Sorry for not checking through 14 odd pages of stuff, so i may be repeating here but studentbeans.com have a good list of student offers (i hope Martin doesn't mind me plugging a rival!).

ah yeah, i have repeated myself. Ah well!

Spudfish, its mentioned far too often and most of the deals on there are passed off as Student beans exclusive when they are well known national offers. And the biggest problem is that 90% of the deals require an NUS / Extra card. Thanks anyway.
  • spudfish
    spudfish Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

The Subway offer is a national one Marcus. And its even better at the moment because you can win cookies, drinks etc when you buy a drink there :)
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    They wouldn't honor the offer in my local subway. All I got was 10% off so I ended up paying £4.20 rather than £2.99. I tried arguing with him but he wouldn't have it said it was only 10% off not £2.99.
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Helix wrote: »
    They wouldn't honor the offer in my local subway. All I got was 10% off so I ended up paying £4.20 rather than £2.99. I tried arguing with him but he wouldn't have it said it was only 10% off not £2.99.

????? I really hope that was a typo - LOL
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ????? I really hope that was a typo - LOL

I wish it was. I ordered it expecting to get the student offer and only pay £2.99 I was rather miffed when I had to pay £4.20 for it and that was with 10% off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback