Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - it suggests the retailer believes you got a refund or something like that and so please lodge a claim if this wasn't the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 May 2019 at 4:46PM
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - it suggests the retailer believes you got a refund or something like that and so please lodge a claim if this wasn't the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt

How can you get a refund on a gift card?

It tracked and confirmed at at the same time.

This was through TopGiftCards.

Something is not right with your tracking.

I tried to submit a claim but even that is not right as it is showing the wrong amount to be claimed.

I had a confirmation email dated 27th May the date I purchased it confirming the amount.
    Hi everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - I am sorry you think something is wrong with the tracking but with your individual purchase being like this and not something happening en-masse with the retailer it suggests we're not eligible for the cashback. A failed transaction is one potential with this.

I believe the cashback for this retailer is decided on the basis of the claim and we just have to put a standard rate in when you lodge a claim and so please don't worry if it's lower than expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Hi everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - I am sorry you think something is wrong with the tracking but with your individual purchase being like this and not something happening en-masse with the retailer it suggests we're not eligible for the cashback. A failed transaction is one potential with this.

I believe the cashback for this retailer is decided on the basis of the claim and we just have to put a standard rate in when you lodge a claim and so please don't worry if it's lower than expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt

I am really not understanding this at all.

I buy a gift card through topgiftcards. I get an email confirming my purchase and the cashback.

How can TCB not be eligible? It is through you, the link is through you. I have an email from you confirming it. I have an email from you with the gift card .
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - Although the branding is TopGiftCards, the cashback is not supplied by us directly as the service is provided by a different company. They manage the programme and they award the commission to us which we pass as cashback.

You really do need to lodge a claim to get this raised as I can give you possibilities of why it's been declined but I can't tell you why it's been declined or if we can get this overturned. This can only be done if you lodge a claim.

Regards,
    Matt
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR - Although the branding is TopGiftCards, the cashback is not supplied by us directly as the service is provided by a different company. They manage the programme and they award the commission to us which we pass as cashback.

You really do need to lodge a claim to get this raised as I can give you possibilities of why it's been declined but I can't tell you why it's been declined or if we can get this overturned. This can only be done if you lodge a claim.

Regards,
    Matt

Yes I have lodged a claim.

There is something about this that is not right.

Why are all the emails headed Topcashback confirming the purchase and then showing the giftcard if it is a different company?

I do not understand how or why it can be declined. It tracked as confirmed at 0.00. almost immediately even though my email from you showed 32p.'discount'
  • hannahp
    hannahp Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2019 at 8:11PM
    As the title says I have been waiting 2 years for TCB to get TUI holidays to pay 4.5% cashback (the advertised rate) on a holiday costing in excess of £3000, the pay out I recieved was only 1% which I believe is the usual offering from TUI.

Despite repeated queries from me I am incredulous at TCB thus far having been unable to get the advertised payout rate and that they have allowed Tui to repeat the offer when they have any customers awaiting the offer being honoured !!! :mad:

Also the regular 'I'm currently chasing all outstanding claims' that are noted on my claim file are hilarious as I have had several of these over the 2 years and clearly the chasing has no effect !!!

I might understand if I was waiting to be paid out in entirety but its the incorrect amount that's getting me angry it's like one company or the other were hoping I wouldn't notice (or care) about the amount/percentage :mad:

This has undermined my confidence in TCBs ability to 'police' the offers as this dispute is not about tracking etc ( although I was strangely asked to verify these, even though I had already received a payment! )

It's about getting the correct amount, it's obviously very easy for TCB to check this!

So where is the problem?

Also is there actually anyone who does 'chase' problems and why are they not succeeding?
    :happylove Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. :happylove
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR – We do have on the front page a question that says ‘who provides the gift card’ we have put that We are working in partnership with Gift Cloud, who will supply the gift card to you. In addition, this is listed in the privacy and terms and conditions area of the site.

@hannahp – I do understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the time this is taking.

We hold the member experience very close to our hearts and we have and do remove retailers that have no interest in fairness or coughing up the money.

That being said, we can’t confuse the above with the transactions where for one reason or another the tracking network does not believe we’re eligible for the cashback amount the member expected.

Whether this is because another site has been partly paid the commission or whether it’s something like the tracking network believes the order fits in a better category. When this happens it doesn’t affect all members and in fact a very small portion of this.

Just because it’s a small number of members, it doesn’t mean there is no urgency there but at the end of the day, we think it’s better than to be persistent than passive with situations like this.

We’re not going to just roll over and accept a bad response if we don’t think there are grounds to do that and while yes that does lead to a longer wait, we think that this is an important compromise we need to make.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm really PO'd.

I bought through Amazon nearly a month ago via TCB and have just reviewed the account - no credit whatsoever. But I did see a prominent message saying that my Grace Plus membership is coming to an end tomorrow. This is all a load of nonsense because its a site that hasn't worked for me full stop.

Saving money shouldn't require intense scrutiny!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    Hey @VfM4meplse,

Amazon only offer cashback on certain categories. These are outlined at the time of purchase on the retailer page.
    If the item you purchased comes under one of the categories listed, please submit an untracked cashback claim through your TopCashback account.

There can be a few different reasons why the transactions haven't tracked. The most common is that other cookies have gotten in the way.
    To help with this, we do advise to clear your cookies and cache before making your purchases.

Plus membership is an additional level of membership. You do not have to continue on this level if you don't want the additional perks this offers.
    Some of the perks include higher transaction top up, higher referral bonus and payout top up.

If you don't think that is for you, you can switch this on the membership page of your account. We can help further if you're not sure on how to do this.

You can reach out on a support ticket on your account, or send us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk if you need any more help.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback