Forum updates

Options

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that only 1,000 users prefer the green format. On the occasions that we are forcibly put back on the blue format the despair is almost palpable.

Same here. If anybody is using the diabolically awful "latest" blue version I can only presume it's because they haven't realised the "old" green version is still available.

Blue is Bad. Very, very bad. Green is Good.
  • marialionza
    marialionza Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A warm thanks to MSE Andrea for patience and understanding, I'm just a bunch of nerves when it comes to computers...

:easter::easter_os:easter:
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can the mystery of the disappearing threads be resolved too?
  • DairyQueen
    DairyQueen Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any move to sever the link with Facebook sounds good to me. Is there any functional advantage to green/blue with respect to data security?

No idea which version I access but would prefer that there are no app links to social media sites (and esp Facebook).
  • Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can we also go back to opening in a new tab when you click a link rather than overwriting the window you are in.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    !!!65319;!!!65362;!!!65349;!!!65345;!!!65364;!!!65294; !!!65326;!!!65359;!!!65367;, !!!65352;!!!65359;!!!65367; !!!65345;!!!65346;!!!65359;!!!65365;!!!65364; !!!65362;!!!65349;!!!65293;!!!65349;!!!65358;!!!65345;!!!65346;!!!65356;!!!65353;!!!65358;!!!65351; !!!65333;!!!65358;!!!65353;!!!65347;!!!65359;!!!65348;!!!65349;!!!65311;

Oh, wait, that's right, you can't read it. It said: "Great. Now, how about re-enabling Unicode?" Only using fullwidth characters. Putting in accents is equally broken. It's ridiculous to have no support for such a basic feature of the modern web for two months.

this

and the ability to type 'this' and only 'this' as a reply
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think calling them green and blue versions is a bit of a red herring as I believe there was a green version of an updated version too?

When people say green are they all talking about the old version? and is that version going but still leaving a green version of a later updated version?

If so, it will take a lot of getting used to, I've stopped using forums I have been very active on it the past when updated versions are forced on ue, will be a shame if that happens here too.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    I'm sorry, that should have said April 2015, not 2012. I've changed it. Panic over :eek:

Phew! Phew! Phew!

I was hoping it was a date typo!

Oh the relief! :):):)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• GazHol
    GazHol Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi, we have several versions of the forum that members are on at the moment. We're reducing that down to two.

Forum members who joined after April 2015 are on the blue version. Anyone who joined before April 2015 will be on the last version of the green (which we're no longer developing) with the ability to switch backwards and forwards between the blue and green.

Green - tried Blue for 30 seconds...
    iPad in landscape mode, so there is a little wasted screen space on the right once the Twitter feed has scrolled off the top of the screen. I live with it.

More concerning is the statement: "version of the green (which we're no longer developing)" - this is the warning of the death of our (usable) "Green" user interface.

Removal of the "Green" is not going to be popular...
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Green Version for me too. Surprised that there is only 1000 of us using it.

The 1000 people are using even older skins, not the green one.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure