The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Good luck with the plan AFK. I await details.....

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Seems my idea may not the best after all :(

Had hoped to use the money lying in wait for my c/c bill once its due (Dec this year) for my mortgage, then replace it with my o/p's to the c/c bill instead of o/p my mortgage, but since its only a couple of hundred or more away from limit, then seems it's not a good idea some how.

No point it just sitting there, so either I use it, or pay it now.Further thought and advice needed.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure advice is needed. You've already got the answers and probably worked out how best to do it. You just haven't convinced yourself to "press the button" yet! My only thing to consider is if you pay cc now, then think about what options it throws up (24 month stooze maybe, or a decluttered financial situation)?
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • bexster1975
    Forumite
    edited 10 April 2018 at 8:57AM
    Hello

Since it's only a couple of hundred away or more from limit, then seems it's not a good idea some how.

I think it's too early for me. No idea what this means! Could put in regular saver at 3-5% interest, but then it won't be free to pay off CC in Dec. Can you OP CC monthly, then stooze anything left ( assuming you use thus cash pot for mortgage OP - which I'm assuming is what you want to do :D).

I agree with Jimmy, I don't think you need advice, think you know what you want to do. Go on, " push the button"!

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Forumite
    edited 10 April 2018 at 6:06PM
    Not sure advice is needed. You've already got the answers and probably worked out how best to do it. You just haven't convinced yourself to "press the button" yet! My only thing to consider is if you pay cc now, then think about what options it throws up (24 month stooze maybe, or a decluttered financial situation)?

You have made a very good point I hadn't thought of - (a 24month stooze or empty bank account) Need to think about that one, as well.

You are right in saying I know what I want to do, (o/p mortgage) after all it was your post o/paying your large sum that brought the idea to me :T I have always said I'm a dither and indecisive person, and this now shows, my problem in reading the stoozing thread is they are saying it's not good to have a c/c almost to the max even on 0% :eek: so this is where my doubt set in.

I'm still unsure when you say "press the button" whether you mean pay the mortgage or c/c bill :o and the options it throws up - Do you maybe mean another card? start afresh
    Hello

Since it's only a couple of hundred away or more from limit, then seems it's not a good idea some how.

I think it's too early for me. No idea what this means! Could put in regular saver at 3-5% interest, but then it won't be free to pay off CC in Dec. Can you OP CC monthly, then stooze anything left ( assuming you use thus cash pot for mortgage OP - which I'm assuming is what you want to do :D).

I agree with Jimmy, I don't think you need advice, think you know what you want to do. Go on, " push the button"!

You hit an option I hadn't thought of, so o/p mortgage with stooze pot, then instead of putting o/p into bank account in wait for Dec, to just reduce it monthly, which means will be paid off by Dec. Not sure if this defeats the purpose of a 0% c/c.

Simple fact is, I don't know whether I need to reduce my c/c balance any more than the minimum payment each month, or just keep paying the minimum - would harm my credit rating (?).

I don't seem to see "I think it's too early for me. No idea what this means! in my post.

Surely if you pay by due date, then no harm done - no interest added and no credit rating harmed.

Don't know why I keep going on about c/rating (probably because I don't know [STRIKE]enough[/STRIKE] anything about them, as this is the 1st c/c I have ever had, and the only debt has been my mortgage :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    Forumite
    Hello

The bit about it being too early for me referred to your bit I quoted. I had no idea what you were on about!!

In terms of credit rating, I'm no expert but don't see why you paying minimum amount off each month should affect it. I believe how much of your available credit you are using has some effect. Unless you are planning on any applications for credit in the next six months, I wouldn't over worry your credit score honestly.

I just thought you were considering an OP with the CC pot of cash. Are you considering a first class ticket one way to Acapulco instead perchance :cool:

Hope you are otherwise doing well. I've had a busy ten days but will be able to relax after tomorrow

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Forumite
    Hello

The bit about it being too early for me referred to your bit I quoted. I had no idea what you were on about!!

That makes two of us :doh:?? Can't see it anywhere, however moving on . . .

In terms of credit rating, I'm no expert but don't see why you paying minimum amount off each month should affect it. I believe how much of your available credit you are using has some effect. Unless you are planning on any applications for credit in the next six months, I wouldn't over worry your credit score honestly.

Ok, that seems to make sense now . . .

I just thought you were considering an OP with the CC pot of cash. Are you considering a first class ticket one way to Acapulco instead perchance :cool:

Nothing as exciting (don't tempt me) . . . just o/p the mortgage - would save me a few ££'s :money: in interest :j

Hope you are otherwise doing well. I've had a busy ten days but will be able to relax after tomorrow

I'm well, well, a bit well, thanks, think BP is up again as having symptoms :( that and working morning, noon and night - hope it's all worth it.

Almost there with the decision, I'm on half/half atm, so getting there, just a cautious kind of person where finances are concerned :)

Hope you enjoy your relaxing days to come.
  • bexster1975
    Forumite
    Take care of yourself. Raised BP is not good. Sounds like you need the few days relaxing.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Forumite
    Just updated the MFiT and down in the dumps :( as didn't reach my target of 4 figures however there is always next month.

Not a lot happening here, have been busy batch cooking and baking as there has been 2 retirals at work - lucky people :) , so no baking stashed away - all eaten in record time.

E-baying silly - could make that another full time job - and might be finished by the end of the year :o

Food spends excellent this month :j and freezer full :j so hopefully not a lot to buy for next month.

I the only sad person who doesn't look forward to payday but actually Mortgage pay away day, I'm more interested in seeing my mortgage reduce than my bank account rise :rotfl:

Beautiful day Saturday, so all bedding done, mattress turned and bedroom sprung clean. Also the small part of the garden at the front door, looking lovely now, had 2 azaela's blooming in the bath :rotfl: so now potted in larger tubs at the front door, every part of them in full bloom.

Need new ideas to reach the end of year target. Maybe just putting a bit too much pressure on myself. Suggestions on a postcard . . . .

Ask and you will receive - left typing this message to play LP at 10pm - then checked the draws - just won £10.00 - yipee !!!:D
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Forumite
    Omg - just checked LPL - didn't win but winner about 5 mins away in the bonus draw.

Switch back to the bay and 3 items sold in the last hour :j

Someone is looking after me :heart2:

Thank you x :smileyhea
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure