IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM UK LTD parking fine - What do i do now?

Hi and thank you in advance for any help. I've read the newbies thread, and seem to have gotten myself and my situation stuck in the middle of your advice.

I received a postal PCN from this company, and initially planned to ignore it. However peer pressure from my mum meant I logged into their website and logged an appeal. Naturally, my appeal was rejected - but now they have my information and the current charge is £60, soon to rise to £100.

I saw that context isn't necessarily relevant, however I thought id just give a little. I work for the District Nursing Team, and have a council issued parking permit that allows me to park in all residential areas in the town. However, I was informed the company did not accept my permit, so i'm now assuming my permit only allows me to park in council issued parking restricted areas. I was parked in the areas for about 15-20mins visiting an unwell patient (not that they care in the slightest).

Please help me with what to do next? I really appreciate any advice.
Many thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Follow the advice in the Newbies faq - you are in the debt collectors stage now (no point making ias appeal - it will be futile)

If you haven't told the ppc who was driving in your appeal then edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Was this a private development you visited or social housing. Do you know who might have hired PCM.

Some contracts have a specific instruction to the parking companies not to ticket certain groups e.g nurses, postmen, milkmen etc so you may need to check with whoever hired PCM.
  • renlitai
    renlitai Posts: 11
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2018 at 11:26AM
    I logged into their appeals part and put my information in, so although I didn't say I was driving specifically, I did say I had parked there to visit a patient. So I think they know it was me :(

It was also on a private development, So i believe it would have been the developers who hired them - ill find out and try to contact them. Edit - Cannot find any information online regarding who runs the management side of this development - still trying.

I've not yet received a letter for debt collectors, as I am still in the appeal window - I received a letter with a rejection for my appeal, so should I wait for the debt collector stage? Im very anxious they now have my information and I'm going to get taken to court!

Thank you
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,980
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think you are getting your wires crossed, the council may be able to exempt you from parking fines in public places, but have no jurisdiction over private property, there must be an explanatory leaflet issued with your pass to this effect?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Keep plugging away at discovering who the landowner/MA are. They can be the keys to getting this cancelled.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    renlitai wrote: »

I've not yet received a letter for debt collectors, as I am still in the appeal window - I received a letter with a rejection for my appeal, so should I wait for the debt collector stage? Im very anxious they now have my information and I'm going to get taken to court!

Thank you

After appealing you can do no more than try to get the landowner to intervene and get it cancelled.

If the wording on your permit says "all residential areas" then take this up with your employer - maybe your union would assist.

Otherwise wait and see if they go for Court action and come back for advice on how to defend this at the time
  • renlitai
    Forumite
    I was originally under the impression the permit covered all areas, but now i know this isn't the case :(

So my POA is to try and get in touch with the land owner and go from there.

Ill be back in touch if it goes any further,

Thank you!
  • renlitai
    Forumite
    Hi - me again,

I have just come back from holiday to find I have received a letter threatening court action, signed from Gladstone solicitors. I was advised to come back to the forum if this was to happen. Does anybody have any advice to what I should do now, please?

thanks, in advance.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Who does the letter say to pay?

Is it a Letter Before Claim?
  • Quentin
    If it is lbcca then see #2 in the Newbies FAQ thread for advice on how to deal with it

But if it's just a scary threat contained in a debt collecting attempt then you can ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure