• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck Gingernutty!
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good luck for today gingernutty :)

I'm having a wobbly. DH will be home in an hour or so for us to go away and I'm breaking out in a sweat, feeling sick, shaky, you name it. I know it is utterly ridiculous- we're only going 2 1/2 hours up the road! - but my head is telling me again and again that I can't do it :( we've only booked the hotel for one night, DH wants to stretch it to 4 nights as we have a different hotel booked for Saturday night but I said we'll see how it goes. I think I'd rather come home inbetween but I can't tell him it's that I'm afraid I will not cope because if I say that he will get all grouchy and ignore me which makes it a thousand times worse.

I'm trying to pack everything I can think that will help me cope, pills for all possible needs, my knitting, a book, my favourite biscuits and some boiled sweets, even a de-stress essential oil to sniff. I will have my tablet to look up things to visit and watch movies if need be.

Any tips or advice that might help please?
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck for today gingernutty :)

I'm having a wobbly. DH will be home in an hour or so for us to go away and I'm breaking out in a sweat, feeling sick, shaky, you name it. I know it is utterly ridiculous- we're only going 2 1/2 hours up the road! - but my head is telling me again and again that I can't do it :( we've only booked the hotel for one night, DH wants to stretch it to 4 nights as we have a different hotel booked for Saturday night but I said we'll see how it goes. I think I'd rather come home inbetween but I can't tell him it's that I'm afraid I will not cope because if I say that he will get all grouchy and ignore me which makes it a thousand times worse.

I'm trying to pack everything I can think that will help me cope, pills for all possible needs, my knitting, a book, my favourite biscuits and some boiled sweets, even a de-stress essential oil to sniff. I will have my tablet to look up things to visit and watch movies if need be.

Any tips or advice that might help please?

Can you promise yourself a reward or treat if you make it through the first night?
    Then you could also up the reward/treat for each subsequent night, that you might manage.

Also, can you look at their menus online, and see what you really fancy?

Also, can you order dinner and/or breakfast in the hotel room, to make it seem less daunting?

Take some luxury smellies, to have a pamper bath while you're there. Assuming there is a bath and not just a shower!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Hello all! Started new job Monday, everyone is fab but my head is in overload atm haha!

Good luck GN!

Elsien - oh Gitdog is such a cutie :)

Hope everyone is well :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the ideas Pyxis :) we've arrived and it's a very nice room and staff friendly. There's a flea market tomorrow so I'm promising myself a little pressie tomorrow as suggested!
    We had a walk around the town and there looks like some interesting shops to explore and I picked up a leaflet on local attractions. If tonight goes ok then there would be plenty to see if we stay on so fingers crossed it all goes ok!
    I've already realised I forgot to pack a nightie but DH has offered me one of his t shirts to sleep in. I said only if it's a clean one and not the one he's wearing :rotfl:
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks for the ideas Pyxis :) we've arrived and it's a very nice room and staff friendly. There's a flea market tomorrow so I'm promising myself a little pressie tomorrow as suggested!
    We had a walk around the town and there looks like some interesting shops to explore and I picked up a leaflet on local attractions. If tonight goes ok then there would be plenty to see if we stay on so fingers crossed it all goes ok!
    I've already realised I forgot to pack a nightie but DH has offered me one of his t shirts to sleep in. I said only if it's a clean one and not the one he's wearing :rotfl:

Yey! You got there! :T
    That's the biggest hurdle over! :T
    It's all a doddle from now on....... just doing whatever takes your fancy!

If you do feel a bit overwhelmed, just pop back to the hotel room for a bit of standby-mode time! And while in standby-mode, think of what your next treat will be! :):)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Saw doctor today. Told me i need to stay on my mood stabiliser, but need to male sure i split dose it, morning and night. Said he would speak to a psychiatrist about my meds. Left a voucemail saying he;s left info that might be helpful with reception. I'm crashing. It feels bad. I was so so up and now i feel like i've rock bottom. This is what they want though. Cant get help till im in crisis. well here i am, in crisis. thats what they wanted thats what they get. they could have helped me before getting to this point but they didn't. so here i am. havemt got my pip renwal sorted because i've been up all week and i blocked it out. cannot deal with the stress of that on top of how im feeling. im so frustrated. why the hell can i not get help? doctor told me to have someone around me wh0o can look after me but i'm st mine monday to friday cos swain has work early on weekdays and i dont finish till 10pm so too late to go to his. I don;t know what to do. If i'm still feeling like this tomorrow !!!! it i;m calling 111.
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey MU.

Sorry to see you're still not well.

I doubt they wanted you to feel so bad, they just need you to come down off your high and reach a stable state.

You were feeling fabulous while you were high and delayed calling for help, it's a stupid system.

The system waits for us to call for help, even though we have definite diagnoses of pretty serious illnesses.

It would make more sense if we had more check ups at GP and psychiatrist level in order to ascertain progress, moods and stability.

Please take care of yourself.

In other news, I'll hear tomorrow afternoon about the job.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    MU call 111 if you need to, that's what it's there for.
    I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment. Can swain call DWP for you and let them know you're unwell? They can't give him any information but they will log the call for future reference to explain any delays.

GN fingers crossed for good news for you today.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback