IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hackney PCN for parking on pavement

Options
Hey
I got a PCN for parking on an unmarked bit of pavement with a flat kerb - annoyingly I'm not allowed to post a link to images as a new user. I suppose I am in the wrong but I'm hoping there's a way out of this ticket as I can't afford to pay it and I don't think it's that clear cut. I know lots of people who park in the same place without getting tickets...
Can anyone advise?
Thanks!
Iona

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,034 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 June 2017 at 3:48PM
    Options
    The fact that others have got away with it is immaterial, and if you mean you parked in front of a dropped kerb it's not allowed, if you parked over one and on the pavement that's worse.

You can post links as a newbie by changing the http to hxxp.

Though this forum really majors on private parking tickets pepipoo is your best bet.
  • Iona_Thomas
    Options
    Would you mind having a little look and see if there might be a way out of it?
    Does this link work?
    hxxp://postimg.org/gallery/2ln9qgxkm/
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2ln9qgxkm/

That works now.

Who issued the ticket to you, because in the second photo I think I can see a private parking company sign?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to edit the photos - you can be identified by your reg

And if you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to get MSE to change it ASAP.

The ppcs monitor this forum, and can use your posts and thread against you
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,034 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So the dropped kerb bit is a red herring this seems like a private parking ticket and the PPC rules are on the wall, a different kettle of fish then.
  • Iona_Thomas
    Options
    It's not a private ticket it's one from the council, says "parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway."
    It's just that it's an ambiguous area with pavement around it separated by a kind of flat curb (genuinely not sure what for but it looks like a drive) and so I'm not actually blocking the pavement. I will definitely contest it because it is confusing - just wondered what the best angle might be...

Trying to find how to change my name now thanks for the advice!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If it's a 'proper' parking fine then take this to pepipoo
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If it's a 'proper' parking fine then take this to pepipoo

@OP - when posting on PePiPoo mention that private parking company notice (get a close up photo to confirm it is/what it says) because that might be part of the 'confusion' about the parking spot.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport