Good Passive Multi Asset Trackers / Funds?

Hutchch0920
Hutchch0920 Posts: 291 Forumite
edited 10 March 2017 at 6:16PM in Savings & investments
Hi all,

Newbie investor here. I am dipping a toe in the water of multi asset investing. At the moment all my cash is required in the short to medium term, so this is literally just a toe and nothing more.....call it a pet project.

I am looking for a low to medium risk (3 or 4 out of 7) passive multi asset tracker but I am struggling to find a platform where I can review the various options and take into account OCF to make a decision....Or is it just the Vanguard LS option on the market and that's it?

Any ideas on websites or just names of funds would be great.

Thanks
Save £12k in 2017 / Dec 2017 Travel Cash = £12,400 / £14,000 88.5%[/COLOR]

House Deposit = £20,500 / £18,000:money:

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,241 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There is also L&G Multi Index, and Blackrock Consensus.

https://www.trustnet.com for details and comparisons.
  • LXdaddy
    LXdaddy Posts: 693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fidelity offer a range of Multi-Asset funds in passive and active versions too.
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I wouldn't make the choice based on 100ths of a percent difference in OCF. Decide what you want first and then see which fund most closely matches what you want. Then look to see if there is any significant difference in OCF from the others.
  • Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies. Some of the options aren't available (Blackrock) to me through Axa's platform so I've gone with the L&G and I'll look more into Fidelity as I don't know if I can get that one either :-)

• AlanP_2
    AlanP_2 Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why are you suing the Axa platform if it doesn't offer the investment options you want?

Don't let the tail wag the dog!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    AlanP wrote: »
    Why are you suing the Axa platform if it doesn't offer the investment options you want?

Don't let the tail wag the dog!

That's a bit extreme:p
  • Hutchch0920
    Hutchch0920 Posts: 291 Forumite
    I decided to use AXA's ISA platform as MSE has a deal on where it's free to use for the first year....seemed like a sensible choice given that I basically didn't know what I was doing so being able to use it for free while I learn the ropes was a big draw. Unfortunately I didn't realise it would limit my options quite so much...I could switch platforms for the new tax year.

• You'll probably want to reevaluate your platform choice if:
    You decide to add more different funds
    You decide to invest more or less regularly
    Your pot gets bigger

http://www.comparefundplatforms.com/
  • Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I assume rather than switch platforms, the OP could register with an additional platform that has the new funds that he wants to invest in?
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    it's a bit late to mention it, but i wouldn't choose a platform based on a 1-year cheap offer. you can switch platforms, but it's more hassle than switching savings accounts. i don't expect most savings account to be worth keeping for more than about a year. but i'd aim to pick a platform i'll stick with for at least a few years. though sometimes it doesn't work out like that - e.g. the platform changes its charges, and it no longer makes sense to stay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure