2017 - A year of change and positivity

Comments

• How far are you away from your half marathon how many weeks out??

I am doing my first full marathon in april i have an 18.5miler to do tomorrow. Its so hard going training at the moment the last 2-3 weeks every day i have gone on my larger run its being 1-2 degrees or colder.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Hi Scott - it's beginning of April, so about 5 weeks away! I've covered 12.5 miles so not too far off the distance but it took me 2:15 - cut off for the race is 3 hours and I think it's quite hilly! Got a couple of 10k races between now and then as the furthest I've 'raced' is 5K up to now. Hats off to you doing a marathon- the training in its self is a massive achievement. I'm struggling to commit time to half training! Good luck with it, hope all goes well.
  • So I've been quiet which usually isn't a good sign lol! It's been a week of robbing Peter to pay Paul again. All eBay sales have gone on food shopping etc so no over payments which is really disappointing.

Looks like next month is going to be fairly similar but at least we're aware of it.

Plan for today is a quiet one! Got a few errands to run in the village so will have a walk down there later. I'm going to get a lasagne cooked - one portion for tonight and 3 to freeze. Also need to meal plan for next couple of weeks as I'm eating rubbish again.

Pay day is Friday, so will check back in tomorrow to report the terrible monthly figures once I've sorted them!

Have a good day x
  • Seabiscuit wrote: »
    So I've been quiet which usually isn't a good sign lol! It's been a week of robbing Peter to pay Paul again. All eBay sales have gone on food shopping etc so no over payments which is really disappointing.

Looks like next month is going to be fairly similar but at least we're aware of it.

Plan for today is a quiet one! Got a few errands to run in the village so will have a walk down there later. I'm going to get a lasagne cooked - one portion for tonight and 3 to freeze. Also need to meal plan for next couple of weeks as I'm eating rubbish again.

Pay day is Friday, so will check back in tomorrow to report the terrible monthly figures once I've sorted them!

Have a good day x

Robbing Peter to pay Paul here too. Payday can't come quick enough on Friday!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hang in there. Not long till Friday now.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Slightly premature ahead of payday tomorrow but here's the figures.....

Cc1 was £5470.74 now £5370.74 (-£100)
    Cc2 was £931.90 now £910 (-£21.90)
    Cc3 was £644.78 now £611.90 (-£52.88)
    Next was £37.93 now £0 (-£37.93)
    Very was £294.03 now £288.25 (-£5.78)
    OD was £474.84 now £463.82 (-£11.02)

Total was £7854.22 now £7644.7 (-£209.51)

Have to say I'm quite pleasantly surprised! Yes I've cheated slightly in that I've already classed the £180 owed for vet meds as paid off (it will be first thing in the morning!). Really thought this month had been a complete write off.

So challenges for March...
    1. Vet bill to pay of approx £300 - I've already written this into next months budget so hopefully should be ok.
    2. OH car insurance - due to vets bill will have to start paying this monthly. Will add £30 a month to budget.

Focus for the coming month will be the Very account - would like to get this gone asap as the interest seems huge. The plan was to get OD and Cc3 gone by June - realistically this isn't likely. To do that we'd be looking at £1300 ish over the next 4 paydays. So priority 1 is very, 2 cc3 and 3 OD.

Here's to a great month :T
  • Looks like Doris has arrived - the weathers awful. Was hoping to get a 10k in this evening, think I'll give it a miss!

Vet bill has landed - I was £23 out - £323!!! Ouch! Another tight month but hopefully will still be able to make some overpayments.

Little mans sleeping so will crack on in a mo with some eBay listings. The lasagne didn't get done yesterday so will also get that sorted. Other than that I'm hibernating until it's time to brave it and feed the ponies....
  • Yay payday at last :j

Transferred money into relevant "pots" for the month. Will phone vets later and get them paid off.

Managed to list a load of items yesterday - fingers crossed these turn to sales.

Things seem a lot calmer this morning. Have to say getting the ponies in last night wasn't fun - they weren't impressed in the slightest!

Just a quick update this morning as nothing to report but MUST STAY FOCUSSED!
  • Morning!
    Just a quick check in to help keep focussed. Had a couple of decent sales over the weekend resulting in £40 being paid off the very account. Managed to list a few more items to so fingers crossed. My eBay pile is gradually being listed - just need it all to sell so I can declutter too!

Parkrun on Saturday - somehow managed a new parkrun pb- not sure how as I set off too quickly and then found it quite difficult. Have my first 10k race next weekend :eek:

Gone a little OTT on the food shop this weekend. Admittedly it did include some clothes for DS and a few store cupboard items so not too horrendous but definitely could have been better.

Vet bills paid - still awaiting on blood test results though, will follow up on weds if not heard anything.
    Right, plan for the week
    1. Sort OH car insurance
    2. List 10 x eBay
    3. Horse feed
    4. Meal plan
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on your pb!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport