PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 10th April 2018

Comments

• MADDIEMAY I think you and Mr TA came from the same mould! He is just like you with 4 forevers, 4 consultants (Oncologist, Neurologist, Urologist & Gastroenterologist) and 3 hospitals (but currently 4 with another problem which will hopefully soon be cured) I worry more than he does about all his problems. My main worry is that I keep well enough myself to keep him on track with where he is going, who he is seeing and when his appointments are! Sorry you are losing your trusted GP MM and I hope your new one will prove as helpful xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

up at the crack of dawn (well 7 oclock really) because i wanted to fit in my jobs before the Grandchildren arrive. Ive got them both for the day whilst Mummy is at work. We are going to play snakes and ladders at some point (probably when Diva is asleep).

Blackun is a bit wobbly still on her feet but she is fine apart from that. All medication given.

Hope the rain eases sometime today (preferably this evening) cause i need to take the hounds for a walk.

Onwards and forwards,

Have a great day all.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Very cloudy and wet here, my DOH heard Carol K say this morning that the temps are meant to hit 20 degrees next week, can’t wait!
    I will be riding Lu later this morning and then we will take advantage of the no parking fees after 3pm in BuryStEd to pick up a few bits. We are off to Cornwall at the end of this month so I want to trawl the CS’s for some books to take and DOH could do with a couple of new t-shirts etc.

Good to hear that things went well for you all yesterday TA, take it easy today.
    Hugs to Holly and RR plus anyone else coping with illness at the moment.

Have a good day folks x
  • Good morning everyone,

Wasn't able to pop in yesterday as I was down in London all of yesterday. Flight delayed there and flight delayed back, due to fog.

So I'm shattered. I'll keep it short.

Hope everyone is well.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all :wave:
    My goodness what is this unearthly hour ! It's been hammering down all night but it's just grey and damp now.
    Had a terrible night last night as I have developed a painful left arm, well shoulder and wrist, so I tossed and turned most of the time and not much sleep. I think it's a bit of arthritis brought on by stress, probably from having the windows done. Stupid really as the man is a bit of alright er......... is very nice :D. Steady Nelski because he's about 6'6 and wearing shorts ;). He's just arrived and been supplied with a coffee and biscuits.
    We had a phone call from Joan next door yesterday, crying that there was a man in her bathroom, there wasn't as it was our window man making a noise taking the windows out. It took 10 mins to convince her that he was in our house and so we are expecting another call today. We had explained last weekend that he was coming and there would be some noise, but I think she had forgotten. She seems to be getting worse lately as we have had calls about a stolen WM, someone had put up a fence across her windows etc.. it's such an awful disease :(. She was also banging doors at 2am :mad: for about half an hour.
    Anyway nothing much for me to do again today, I don't want to get in the man's way now do I ? :D
    TA I hope Mr TA has a speedy recovery. :mad: about the parking fee. We are lucky that it's free here but spaces are few and far between, big hospital, small car park.
    Holly you sound quite upbeat at the moment, long may it last and I hope that you can enjoy some good times with your friend.
    Gers I hope your man manages to do your garden with all this wet weather we've had.
    MaddieMay are you on countdown till your holidays ? We are hoping to get over to our van next week to put the cushions etc back in as we bring them home over the winter.
    ScarletR philosopp... ing ! I can't even say or spell it, let alone do it !:rotfl:
    Hope everyone has a good Tuesday, hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone,

After a lovely day yesterday we are back to heavy rain too.I even managed to get some towels to dry outside,and a bit of tidying up in the back.The woman at the back who accused (falsely I might add!) DH of poisoning her privet and conifers has had a fence panel put up to fill the gap but left the dead bits on our side of it. They are now full of ivy,& probably why they died in the 1st place.So our problem now is-has she abandoned them and we can cut them down or will she make a fuss again ;) I've got to admit it's nice not to have her peering down at us from her garden,she's much higher than us.I'd be sat here at the dining table typing at the laptop and suddenly become conscious of her presence :D ...

I might as well carry on with emulsioning the rest of the kitchen/dining room.I can't go out on the bus as it's been diverted due to roadworks at the top of our road and the nearest stop is too far.My muscles have recovered a bit now so I'll keep going!When our friends came on Sat night they liked the living room, & Mrs said ' oh it's much nicer than before ' and kept saying it :rotfl:.I felt like saying 'ok I get the picture,you didn't like how we had it before' but managed to restrain myself.We had a patterned wallpaper on the chimney wall which we loved but felt ready for a change,and its now plain ,which is more to her taste :D

Something with mince tonight,will decide later.I had a smoothie for breakfast to use up a mango that was getting too ripe.
    TA glad yesterdays op went well for DH,what a long wait for you all x
    Holly, glad the home visits are going ok, & at least the Daily OSers like to chat most in the mornings :)
    Hope the dumplings are ok .
    Ruby glad you are healthy,but sometimes the shifts you do seem very long without a rest day,so perhaps it's something to do with that,shame the bosses can't see it.
    Hugs to anyone who needs one xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We're back in Bedfordshire, the further south we drove the worse the rain got and it's still very damp and drizzly. DH is waiting for a delivery of a security camera for the front of the house so that will probably be his project for the next few days.

I want to get a bit more organised with my sewing because I've got a couple of projects on the go and I also want to sort out some cushion covers. I want to go to IKEA to get some fabric.

I also need to go grocery shopping, probably to Sainsbury's today because I got a book of coupons from them giving me 6p off a litre of fuel if I spend £20 on groceries.

TA glad to hear that yesterday went ok.
    Dumpling, I hope you're ok, let us know.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Holly

I am so pleased you met an old friend and got out and about.

TA
    I am so glad things went well at the hospital and I know how it feels to be waiting around and big parking fees.

Have just had some porridge for breakfast followed by some fresh pineapple which is supposed to be good for the joints and spent three minutes on a vibrating board. It is only the second time I have used it so hoping it helps as I am desperate to be more active and be able to help with first grandchild due in Summer.

LameWolf

I agree with your comments that even if the dog was not on a lead it should still have been under control. The way it came bounding into the house it could have knocked someone small or frail right over. The dog was just being enthusiastic and friendly but was quite big ( several years old and not a puppy). SIL said the man walking him looked "rough" and dds thought he meant it was a poor homeless person and felt sorry for the guy till they realised that was not what he meant.

It has been pouring rain overnight and is still miserable looking so having a quiet morning and putting my feet up. Not sure if lady who helps with the garden will be able to do anything so will phone her later and check.

A healthy mackerel salad is in the fridge for lunch and have stuff in freezer so unless I need to get money from the post office to pay for gardening I don't have to go out unless I want to.

Hugs to all
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Holly

I just saw your last post and I am so sorry to hear what has happened. You really could not make it up.

Could your brother contact PALS on your behalf?

Sorry I can't be more help but fingers are crossed for you. Virtual hug and positive vibes.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I have just read your post Holly, I really do not know what to say, it is beyond words........I need to think things through a bit.

Its a nasty damp morning, lady has just been with our prescriptions, so we are stocked up again.

The dresser went yesterday so the sitting room needs to be rearranged, doubt it will suit OH, but it will me. Will see hoe we get on.

Belly pork casserole for supper, there will be enough left to freeze for another supper, will have mash and calabrese with it, there is carrot and leek in.

Cleaners have changed the day they will be here this afternoon. I will get them to clean the windows inside.

We woke to a horrible smell in the house this morning, we have had it before, it smells like they have been muck spreading in the house, I am concerned incase the sewer pipe has fractured and sewage is leaking under the bungalow. We have phoned the council, but its not classed as an urgent repair.

OH's eye is going on OK, he has mainly stopped moaning which is refreshing...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure