Awarded pip out of nowhere?!

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 April 2018 at 2:09PM
    !!!8220;Mind you I have just had another re-assessment (3rd one in 5 years) and the result is as was expected - nothing.
    Originally posted by Danday
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You said you were awarded Standard Daily living (8 points) and nothing for mobility (4 points)

Well spotted - he did say that.

Doubtless we shall have another story about this being a previous award or even a "case study".

He does have persistence, resilience, and some guile.
    He has knowledge of the welfare system, as evidenced by some of the opening posts of his AE's, and he can deploy the written word effectively.
    What a pity these qualities couldn't be used for good.

It would be interesting to know what motivates him to litter these (and other disability forums) with his unending stories of doom and despair.

On balance, I feel pity for him. It's an odd way of filling one's twilight years (others will be doing something constructive in their community, enjoying time with grandchildren, holidaying or days out with family and friends).
    But there he is, hunched ( I imagine a lonely unkempt figure furiously typing! ) over his computer spewing out this stuff!

Poor man. But it takes all sorts I suppose.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    !!!8220;Mind you I have just had another re-assessment (3rd one in 5 years) and the result is as was expected - nothing.
    Originally posted by Danday

Well spotted - he did say that.

Doubtless we shall have another story about this being a previous award or even a "case study".

He does have persistence, resilience, and some guile. what a pity these qualities couldn't be used for good.
    He does have knowledge of the welfare system, as evidenced by some of the opening posts of his AE's. And he can deploy the written word effectively

It would be interesting to know what motivates him to litter these (and other disability forums) with his unending stories of doom and despair.

On balance, I feel pity for him. It's an odd way of filing one's twilight years (others will be doing something constructive in their community, enjoying time with grandchildren, holidaying or days out with family and friends, etc)
    But there he is, hunched ( I imagine a lonely unkempt figure furiously typing! ) over his computer typing this stuff!

Poor man. But it takes all sorts I suppose.
    Thanks Alice. I had to read it twice, i'll be honest because i thought i read it wrong at first. For those who didn't see the comment on the award that he said he got it's here in post #11.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5795467

It makes me wonder too why someone would want to tell so many lies on a forum. As bspm said " you have to have a good memory to be a liar" Clearly the person in question doesn't!
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2018 at 12:54PM
    Just want to point out you can quote posts from other threads. If you hit the multiquote button on the post you want to quote and then hit reply on the thread you want to quote it in there'll be a little messsage under the reply box that says
    You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.

'quote this post as well' and 'deselect this post' are links to do that action.

(Hopefully that was clear enough!)
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 8 April 2018 at 1:11PM
    Thanks Alice. I had to read it twice, i'll be honest because i thought i read it wrong at first. For those who didn't see the comment on the award that he said he got it's here in post #11.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5795467

It makes me wonder too why someone would want to tell so many lies on a forum. As bspm said " you have to have a good memory to be a liar" Clearly the person in question doesn't!

If you click on #11 you get this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5795467#11

or copy and paste #11

Give's you a shorter link
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • poppy12345
    Ames wrote: »
    Just want to point out you can quote posts from other threads. If you hit the multiquote button on the post you want to quote and then hit reply on the thread you want to quote it in there'll be a little messsage under the reply box that says

'quote this post as well' and 'deselect this post' are links to do that action.

(Hopefully that was clear enough!)
    I never knew that, thanks Ames. It's true what they say, you learn something new everyday. :beer:
  • rvj87
    rvj87 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks all for your help. @ Alice Holt: I had a look at the criteria for managing therapy, but to be honest i had a bit of trouble interpreting that wall of text. Does it count if my STR worker visits me at my home for 1 to 1 talks as part of my ongoing support? Is that something I could explain at a tribunal?
  • poppy12345
    rvj87 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your help. @ Alice Holt: I had a look at the criteria for managing therapy, but to be honest i had a bit of trouble interpreting that wall of text. Does it count if my STR worker visits me at my home for 1 to 1 talks as part of my ongoing support? Is that something I could explain at a tribunal?
    I'm not sure if a talk at home would be classed as therapy tbh. Has this been recommended by a medical professional? Also how long do these talks last for and how often?
  • thegirlsmum
    thegirlsmum Posts: 123 Forumite
    when you lodge an appeal an "appeal writer" takes over the case and they can raise issues is they feel a decision cannot/will not be upheld under the legislation and they can request another decision be made. or sometimes a case is randomlyselected for a "check"and that can be reconsidered under direction at that stage. or thats how dla works anyway
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    rvj87 wrote: »

As poppy says it will depend on whether it is a recommendation by a health care professional.
    (I'm not sure what a STR worker is?). Also the time - it would need to be for a minimum of 3.5 hrs a week.
    Also since PIP looks forward 9 months - it may depend on if this arrangement will be ongoing rather than temporary.

If you go forward with the appeal, certainly do raise it. But, I think, you might need additional points on the submission as well - not just Activity 3 for DL.

I think it very sensible to see what the CAB say - particularly as they helped with the MR.

How many points are you off the Enhaanced DL rate?

I'm presuming you are going for this on Mob?
    1d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.

If so it would be worth getting written evidence from the family members / friends who accompany you confirming:
    that they do help you,
    how frequently,
    and why you need that help,
    etc.

That could then be submitted to the TS in advance of the hearing date.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    You said you were awarded Standard Daily living (8 points) and nothing for mobility (4 points)

I class standard care as 'nothing' when compared to the previous award only two years ago of enhanced Care & Mobility.
    I expect the same this time round as nothing has changed which is what I put on the review claim form, but the assessor thought differently.

Either the 2015 award was wrong or the current one is. So yes, what I have been offered is nothing compared to what I expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure