Things can only get better

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,245 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Happy March :)

Snow, snow and more snow :( It's drifted so much in our drive that it's higher than the front doorstep. It took me an hour to walk to work this morning and an hour and a half to walk back. My legs muscles were burning from the effort it took. Hardly anyone turned up to work, I left just after lunchtime.

I've got a Mr M delivery booked for 5pm and can't believe they're still coming.

Payday yesterday, paid off the credit card, need to do finances properly though when I have time.

Hope everyone is coping with the bad weather.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The beast from the east is a bad beastie indeed. Hope you get your shopping delivered.
    Bet your house is beginning to look good now - have you got much more to do?
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    The Mr M delivery came on time, fab customer service as I live in a very hilly area :)

Milann - there's still loads to do to the house, the downside of living in an old house. The garden is next on the hit list (again) when the weather improves. Mr SA can't manage the garden although he thinks he can. Annoyingly he won't let me get someone in to help.

By the way the painter finished yesterday thankfully. It looks great. The plumber removed the radiator from the dining room so the plasterer and painter could do their job properly and can't get until Monday to put it back :( It's freezing in the dining room and kitchen as there's no heating in the kitchen :( I've got a halogen heater thankfully which is taking the edge off. On the plus side, thanks to the new central heating system, the rest of the house is lovely and warm.

7 weeks today we'll be in Lanzarote - thank goodness I didn't book it for this week.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,174 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thank goodness you dident book Lanzarote for this week indeed.
    Great news on the delivery :)

Has anyone else stopped getting MSE thread notifications by email?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    I don't have the notifications so don't know Beanie.

Had to get the bus to work this morning as the pavements were treacherous after freezing overnight. Didn't leave my desk all day as couldn't face going out in the cold again. Walked home though as the snow had thawed a bit but still took over an hour.

Mr SA has been housebound for two days as he can't get his scooter out. Lucky him, it's been a nightmare outside. I can't remember it being this cold for years.
  • beanielou
    Its certainly not good :(
    Not been out since Tuesday :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Boo to the cold!

Hope you have a lovely weekend - and stay warm ;)

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you're home safe for the weekend SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hope you can chill! xx

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Bet Mr SA is climbing the walls , hope he gets out soon.

Stay warm and safe .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure