PPI claim on statute barred loan, Scotland

Options
Took a £7500 loan out many years ago....2005/2006 I believe and it was with egg bank online, which I believe is now gone in name at least...

It's now statute barred....

Can I claim PPI on it?

I'm pretty sure it can't be kicked off again but just looking for the green light from those in the know...

Many thanks in advance....

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Regardless of being statute barred, an attempt to complain about any PPi will result in resultant redress being offset against the unpaid debt.

Green light? Hardly..
  • bigreefer
    Options
    Regardless of being statute barred, an attempt to complain about any PPi will result in resultant redress being offset against the unpaid debt.

Green light? Hardly..

It the mis-selling of the PPI not a separate issue form the defaulting of the loan payments....?

Is it a certainty any compensation would be go towards paying off any remaining debt...?

Are you saying that a claim could be made without the loan being resurrected but that the compensation could be take away?

Thanks...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, exactly that.

You owe them money, they possibly owe you money, so they get their money first before you get your money. Statue barred loans cannot be resurrected by complaining about PPI.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure