IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dubious CCJ for NHS Aintree

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Disgusting behaviour from a so called caring environment. Please complain to your MP
  • josean
    josean Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    How would I go about doing that?
    I do think it is wrong myself and have heard an awful lot about the grief that it has caused patients as well as NHS staff themselves.
    Am I right in thinking that they dont do it in Scottish and Welsh Hospitals and trusts?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    josean wrote: »
    How would I go about doing that? ......
    Write to your MP c/o House of Commons if you cannot find any local address for him/her
  • josean
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Write to your MP c/o House of Commons if you cannot find any local address for him/her
    Thanks. I think I will as I feel pretty strongly about this.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please complain to your MP
    How would I go about doing that?
    https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/#jump-link-2

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Would you like someone to complain for you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • JMSCA
    JMSCA Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    Looking for your advise. I have recieved letters from NCP that i did not pay a £6 parking fee from Jan 2018 (NCP Car ParkGlasgow King Street carpark CP CCTV, ). I most certainly did pay the aforementioned £6, as I always do. I paid in cash and unfortunately do not have a receipt. The letter received today was from a debt collecting company (ZZPS), representing NCP. The want £170!! and have stated that the next course of action is to pass QDR Solicitors LTD, where the fee will rise by another £30 plus VAT!! I am so angry, as I always pay my way, and know I did pay, however I have no proof to confirm...its their word against mine - and I have made no contact with them to date.
    Reading some of the comments here about Scottish law and previous cases, what should I do next? Can these debt collectors and solicitors take me to court and demand payment, which I am worried could escalate or ?? The letter stated that a recent supreme court ruling (parkingEve -V-Beavis) has confirmed that a Parking Charge issues on private land:
    > Is enforceable; and
    > the Parking Charge does not breach the unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999
    if this remains unpaid, in the event of legal action taking place, court feed and solicitor costs, along with statutory interest, could be added to the amount owed. The legal process is not simple and if you need advise, places where this can be sought are on the reverse of this letter.
    It is in your interests to either get in tough or pay this account and we again invite you to do so within seven days of you receiving this letter; if the account progresses to our solicitors, we will not be able to help you.

Can they take this to court in Scotland, what should I do next? Appreciate your help and advise

Thank you JMSCA
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked:

1) Not to post before reading the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

2) Not to hijack other threads like this

3) Not to post about debt collectors letters

If you need more advice after reading up the FAQ start your own thread
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JMSCA wrote: »
    what should I do next? Appreciate your help and advise
    Here's my advice:

Delete you post from this thread. Your post contributes nothing to the issues the original poster of this thread is suffering.

Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are caught up in. Then if you still have questions start a new thread.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    and watch / read the below ....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph:cool:
  • josean
    Options
    Just to add. I called the solicitor to make payment. I explained that I was out of the country when I received the appeal docs and that I was happy to pay the debt but was a little concerned about additional costs. So they asked me to put it in writing to them in an email. They said that they would then forward that to NHS Aintree. It has nearly been a week now and although they said that the issue is now on hold I am concerned about time. Does the (CCJ) 30 day limit still apply? Is it something imposed by the court or the solicitor? Any help greatly appreciated. Oh and I have also drafted a letter for Local MP in the meantime. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure