PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 14th May 2018

Comments

• Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've put some clothes away, and now I'm going to do some colouring. I want to learn how to pace better, and also not feel the need to do more -- less is more, as they say. Want to do a bit of de-cluttering too -- it's been awhile.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all.

It's an early (to me!) start at work today. In theory an early finish then....

WM running in the hope that I can get it on the line soon. QHI cleared. What I get done later depends on what time I get back. It should be the bathroom, but weeding might be calling me. Both seem to be never ending 'must do'.

Catch up later. X
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I printed out the TOMM checklist yesterday, i think i might have a go at that, i cant remember what area of the house i have to work on tonight but i will do that plus 15 minutes in the garden !!!8211; god im knackered didn!!!8217;t sleep well at all!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2018 at 9:21AM
    Morning all :wave: Beautiful sunshine here again :) after a cloudy, windy day yesterday.

Congratulations pigpen on your Slinkiness and Flingage :T:T

And :T to Dizzy for lifting our spirits with such good news :D Glad your DH is happy in his new job - it makes all the difference, doesn't it?

My DH is moping because he's been told not to go to his volunteer job until he's had a medical with their duty Dr :(
    klew356 wrote: »
    I printed out the TOMM checklist yesterday, i think i might have a go at that, i cant remember what area of the house i have to work on tonight but i will do that plus 15 minutes in the garden !!!8211; god im knackered didn!!!8217;t sleep well at all!
    What on earth is a TOMM checklist? It sounds horrendous! Are you following American Flylady? We are much less rigid on this thread - we do what we can, when we can, and only use the lists to nudge us along in the right direction: babysteps all the way. I do have a Toots list (if you don't know what that is, follow the link in the first post) but some of the items on it have been here for months if not years. Hopefully they will get done within my lifetime, but I'm not promising!

Had a good meeting yesterday with another of my mentors and have decided which essay to tackle for our main college module this term. I've got a Saturday module meeting this weekend - our last one: only 7 weeks to the end of term, plus about 4 assignments. Soooooooo looking forward to a rest in July!

I haven't done a lot of flying since last week except WMx???, but will get DH to hoover this morning, and that might encourage me to dust. I have at least decluttered lots of Rosie's hair (gave her a good brush last night), and I have sold the baby car seat which all my DGC have grown out of. The other one I was thinking of selling is suitable for up to 12 years, so I might keep that after all, though DS2 said I could always use theirs - but, thinking aloud, that's not much use if I have to go and fetch the boys up from school and can't pick up their own seats first. Yep, decision made! :j

So today I must
    - clean bathroom
    - clean kitchen including steam mopping the floor
    - get DH to hoover downstairs
    - dust downstairs
    - file some papers and declutter the study bedroom
    - tidy our BR
    - ask DH when he is going to pressure wash the decking :cool:
    - go out for a walk on the hills with DH and Rosie (we shall leave him sitting on a bench with a view of the bluebells and go off somewhere she can run and play) and have bacon sandwich from the caf! for lunch :D
    - take my depressed friend out for a cuppa somewhere local
    - finish and email two pieces of college work (fortunately not assignments with a deadline)

DH has prepared breakfast, so I will go and eat it.

Big (((hugs))) to Froddy, dancemum, atb, and anyone else in need at this time.

Hope everyone has a good day xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    klew356 wrote: »
    high value treats only used for recall and dont just recall when they are legging it recall within 3 feet and 6 feet and always reward, i use a key word 'look' when i say look my dog must look at me and he will be rewarded for that, we do this even when watching tv, small steps!

Excellent tips Klew, thank you for that. I'm going to work on that when he and I are in the sitting room on our own.

'Stuff' is going. I've cleared three shelves in a cupboard and the upper part of the dresser in my office. I can now consolidate all my sewing stuff on to those shelves and put the fabric in the lower part which will make a huge difference to my life. Decisions taken about stuff to sell through Grumtree, Bay of E, chazza and scrapstore. Not much will be going to the tip - 1 pillow so far is all I've managed to find that is beyond redemption.

It's such a relief to get cracking on it again because I've been bogged down for months and I'm desperate to get this DONE. Watching decluttering videos on Utoob and working in 20 minute bursts on the decisions stage has made it much more do-able than working until it's done, or one area from start to finish. Going back after doing something else straightforward means it's easy to make again. Any more than 20 minute bursts of decisions just don't work for me.

Did a quick calculation of the decluttering donations OH and I made last year through to receiving the annual gift aid statement from the local charity shop and it turns out we've decluttered quite a healthy sum to three local charities. We gave ourselves and pat on the back and took ourselves out to lunch to celebrate.

And did the bathroom sink.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well that was obviously meant to be. I've spent four hours sorting through stuff and came downstairs to trundle Kelpie to find a flyer on the doormat about a table top sale in 10 days time about 100 yds away in a church hall. Because it's during the History Festival I assumed I'd already booked to do something interesting, but apparently not. So that's all booked and confirmed and even more stuff will be boxed up for that, and whatever doesn't sell will still go to local chazzas but I get to make a bit of money first. I hope.
    Better is good enough.
  • Absolutely manic day at work today - constantly on the go from as soon as I walked in the door until about 2.30pm, then a tiny lull to get on with some more urgent stuff, then it all kicked off again. And Silly Season seems to be in full swing, going by some of the completely ridiculous things that happened.

Himself dropped in to say hello during his breaks a couple of times, took one look, turned around and went away again. Finally dropped in at the end of his shift and I gave him my bag to carry home because I knew any extra weight would be a complete nuisance when I finished an hour later. Was on my last legs as I got in through the door, but at least he'd got some food going (not a lot, but it was something) and my first cuppa of the day (which was blissful, but all too small a mug).

He's gone for a little rest upstairs because he's 'been very busy since early today'. His voice did start tailing off once he received his 'look'. He was there, he saw a tiny slice of what I actually deal with - perhaps eventually, by the end of the exams, he'll actually appreciate quite what's involved in a day at my job; he's helped out at events before, but actually seeing the day to day is hopefully illuminating - and encourages him to get himself out there working, where, for all the stresses, he knows it's a whole lot easier (and better paid).

Going to see whether there's something interesting that I can raid from the fridge and then I'm doing absolutely nothing at all.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Morning all. Anniversary here and start of a weekend away of celebrations with family, friends and friends we just have not met yet. So I will not be posting or flying.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    Happy Anniversary and Happy Weekend Jazee!

Managed to declutter almost all my list yesterday, and also mowed the lawn. Hoping that DH will deal with the decking today, while I'm out with Rosie - he can lift the patio pots on the lawn while it dries!

Busy today with more paperwork, R's class and walk, and taking her to kennels later. DH was supposed to be working on the heritage railway tomorrow, but now he isn't allowed to (refer back to my previous post), so he could have looked after her while I'm out tomorrow, but I will use the booking and we will have an evening out tomorrow without me feeling guilty about leaving her all day and all evening.

Hope the sun is shining where you are! x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Good morning

Have a lovely weekend, Jazee.

Yesterday's lists were done in a roundabout way. The bathrooms were cleaned, and rather than weeding the allotment (which I am sure that I will regret very soon), I spent my MAD repotting some squash plants. I'm pleased to report that my Honey Bear squash is doing particularly well so far..;)

I'm late into work today, as I have to take DD to the doctor's shortly. I'm hoping against hope that it's nothing sinister. The plan is then to drop her at school and straight on to work. In between the normal daily chaos, I have to write some policies. Deep joy.

Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine. **whispers** am I the only one that would like just a little bit of rain one night to water the garden? i can't believe I'm even thinking that after the recent months! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure