Can be deleted

kl2
kl2 Posts: 40 Forumite
edited 29 January 2020 at 2:00PM in Credit file & ratings
Can be deleted

Comments

• Raise an official complaint with Lowell.
    Then go to the ICO.
  • kl2
    !!! wrote: »
    Raise an official complaint with Lowell.
    Then go to the ICO.

Think this seems to be my only option, I will raise it with them now and say I want a response within 14 days or I will speak to the ICO.
  • Well you need to comply with their complaint terms first.

Then go to the ICO.
  • kl2 wrote: »
    Think this seems to be my only option, I will raise it with them now and say I want a response within 14 days or I will speak to the ICO.
    Make the complaint in writing and send it via Royal Mail. You need to allow them up to 2 months to respond, before you can escalate to the ICO.

Guidance from the ICO (and a letter template) regarding all of this is linked below:
    https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-your-data-corrected/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Ico take months to reply
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • kl2
    Lowell were actually very helpful in my complaint, responded back in a few days and default is now gone.

Cheers, Lowell!
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    kl2 wrote: »
    Lowell were actually very helpful in my complaint, responded back in a few days and default is now gone.
    Well done. Great news!!

It would be helpful if you could say what you did to get the complaint upheld so quickly, as it will help others in the future. Did you use the ICO complaint letter template or did you complain to Lowell on the phone?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • kl2
    Well done. Great news!!

It would be helpful if you could say what you did to get the complaint upheld so quickly, as it will help others in the future. Did you use the ICO complaint letter template or did you complain to Lowell on the phone?

Honestly, I just emailed and said I was fed up of waiting and will give them 28 days to respond.

They called me 2 days later and apologised and said they've removed it, much simpler than I had originally expected.
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    This is strange, if it was an 02 debt and Lowell bought it then 02 should be the one to remove it not Lowell. I believe thats how the system works.

I was in a similar position and although Lowell bought the debt 02 were the original people to put the debt on so it was in their hands to remove the debt

That is from my understanding and experience
  • sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    No.
    It’s not how the system works. You are wrong.
    Only the company that puts a default on a file can remove it.

In the case of the OP, the default on the file was placed there by Lowell. Therefore Lowell are the company that have to remove it - Even though the debt may have originated from o2.

In the OPs case, it obviously helped that o2 had confirmed in writing that Lowell should remove the default.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure