Income Support payment !!!128531;

Hey, I made an income Support claim back in late January of this year, and the decision makers only approved my claim Wednesday just gone. I was told yesterday that the money would go into my account and if it didn’t it would be in today, but again there’s still no money in my account. I have gone months without money, so when I finally got an approval I was so relieved, just to see there is nothing in my account. I’m praying that it would be in my account by midnight tonight, but what is the likely hood of that happening? Does anyone know how this is meant to work because I feel like I’ve been feed false promises.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    MissT17 wrote: »
    Hey, I made an income Support claim back in late January of this year, and the decision makers only approved my claim Wednesday just gone. I was told yesterday that the money would go into my account and if it didn’t it would be in today, but again there’s still no money in my account. I have gone months without money, so when I finally got an approval I was so relieved, just to see there is nothing in my account. I’m praying that it would be in my account by midnight tonight, but what is the likely hood of that happening? Does anyone know how this is meant to work because I feel like I’ve been feed false promises.
    As it's Friday, it's unlikely that the money will go into your bank tonight, unless your bank processes Monday's payments on Saturday. I know that Natwest and RBS don't. I'm not sure on other banks.

Have they told you a reason why it's taken so long? If you don't receive payment tomorrow then the only thing you can do is ring DWP Monday, as that's the only way you'll know your answer.
  • MissT17
    MissT17 Posts: 9 Forumite
    See I wish they told be that, because I was only told that they would process a same day payment yesterday. I bank with Santander so I!!!8217;m not sure how long it will take. thanks for telling me this because I!!!8217;m made to believe something else.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    MissT17 wrote: »
    See I wish they told be that, because I was only told that they would process a same day payment yesterday. I bank with Santander so I!!!8217;m not sure how long it will take. thanks for telling me this because I!!!8217;m made to believe something else.
    As you didn't receive that payment by this morning, was there any reason why you didn't ring them today? As it's now the weekend there's nothing you can do until Monday morning. No one can tell you here why you didn't receive the money.
  • MissT17
    MissT17 Posts: 9 Forumite
    I did ring them, twice actually and they gave me the same answer about a same day. So I have been checking my account all day to see if anything as gone in and again there is still nothing in my account. The reason I was asking on this platform was to see if the same thing as happened to anyone else and wonder what their outcome was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure