Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So what are your plans for your lovely windfall?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    the cat sleeps on Mr SA's scooter under the cover if she ever gets left out all night :)

Clever cat :) Mine open the greenhouse and sleep in there. I gave up and put some old pillows at the end of the potting bench in the end..
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure when it will arrive but it's earmarked for finishing the dining room then hopefully the garden/outside of the house. Need the house repointing at some stage plus a new back gate as Mr SA has rammed his scooter into it and wrecked it. The list is endless.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    My cat used to sleep in the greenhouse when we had one, it was her favourite place.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My cat just likes being inside :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fay66 wrote: »
    Can you rinse dog poo off it sorry I have dogs but wondered about it

I had artificial grass in my last house. As long as it is well laid, with a good sub base, wee should just filter through. poo just lifts off (my two are raw fed so we rarely have sloppy poo) but you can always hose it down.

Once I have worked out what I need to spend on our current home anything left over will be spent on a new artificial lawn for here. With two, shortly to be three dogs, it really helps to reduce the muddy paw prints, the need for additional baths and saves my sanity!
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks for that MatyMoo :)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have artificial grass - it's only a small lawn and cost about £500 last year - there where cheaper grasses but this one feels lovely - he put all the base and sand down and He did a great job - we don't have a dog though so can't help with that.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    That's Monday done.

Yesterday was NSD 1/12, grocery spends today of £5.57 in Mr S plus a small Mr M delivery £37.90 after staff discount - mainly for Mr SA's beer as he was worried he was running out, so added a few more bits to make up the £40 minimum spend. Have booked another delivery for Friday trying to keep to £40. So have already spent half the grocery budget but shouldn't need anything else until Friday.

Tonight's dinner was the other half of the butternut squash risotto with a huge portion of salad using up what's left from the weekend.

It was a lovely Spring-like day today, felt so much warmer than last week thank goodness.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your pink gin story made me laugh SA :D. Sorry to hear DD's fella has gone awol :(..

How lovely that you have Lanzarote to look forward to, I bet you can't wait :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure