2017 - Spend less, live more

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    One more frugal action...

4) unboxed all of my Xmas toiletries and popped them in with the rest of our toiletries. I use them through the year.
  • chanie
    Happy 2018 to everyone.
  • Happy New year xx.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    The children don’t go back to school for another couple of days. I’m determined that these days will be MSE ones though as I will have to watch our spending until the end of the month. The bills have been paid, so it’s only discretionary spending we need to watch.

Despite saying he wanted to loose weight, OH suggested we get a takeaway for dinner as we were running low on food. I was determined not to do so, and managed to knock up a meal with stuff we had at home.
  • Morning.

My children are not back at school until Monday, although they are vampire teenagers and don't seem to surface in daylight :rotfl:.

Well done on not having the takeaway and managing to throw something together.

Hope you have a great day xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    I spent £5 today in Lidl in a few top up items (milk, ham etc). Hopefully, we will be able to last with what we have until the weekend.

One of the things that me and OH want to focus on this year is not only reducing our shopping bill, but eating more healthily. We buy lots of convenience foods for the children, partly because we are really busy and partly because the children will eat them! One of the purchases today in Lidl was porridge oats. DS loves it with honey and we ran out a few weeks ago, but kept on forgetting to buy it. DS doesn’t stop eating and whilst he isn’t overweight, I can see him going that way, so I want to fill him up with healthier foods.
  • chanie
    I took the children to Ikea for lunch today. I said I take them to the crèche, but we to wait 1.5 hours for spaces, so I took them for some meatballs whilst we were waiting. I spent about £13 on lunch and had my free Ikea cuppa, which is available with with my Ikea family card.

Frugal stuff
    I saved £32 today. We decorated DDs room just before Xmas and this included new curtains and bedding. The items are currently on sale so I purchased the items again and returned using the old receipt. I always keep receipts for this purpose, particularly at Christmas time
  • chanie
    £5 Saved today on a jersey top from Uniqlo. The tops are good quality and a staple in my wardrobe. I picked it up today when I popped into to collect the items I'd left for alteration before Xmas (two pairs of thermal jeggings - one black and one in dark denim).
  • Well done on the savings. xx
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Chanie :hello: - I have subscribed to your thread :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure