Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• Munchkin84
    Options
    Orange candle I understand what you mean. I got a negative pg test Thursday and am keen to know when I'm going to ovulate.
    I keep hearing about being super fertile but also to wait until I've had a period.
    OH isn't back from working away for another couple of weeks so nothing will happen for a while yet for us.
    I hope you are as ok as you can be (and your OH)
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Orangecandle and Munchkin, I remember the negative test feeling well. So very strange.

I hated everyone (in my real life world) who announced their pregnancy at the time I was pregnant then lost it as I had to watch them go through everything when it should have been me. That was always the hardest part. You will likely experience all the emotions in the world for a while yet :(

Regarding falling again quickly, I appreciate everyone is different but from my experience, I would say to try not to pin your hopes on it happening straight away. I was convinced I'd be pregnant again fast and even more so because of the 'more fertile' stories I read about. This wasn't case for me and I put so much pressure on myself that it made the journey so much harder.

I never know for sure when I ovulate other than positive OPKs but my cycles were 31, 24 then 26 before they went back to the usual 27-29.
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    orange_candle, hotcookie and Munchkin so sorry to hear your news, feeling for you ladies x
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD20 Chelle22 - 3 dpo
    CD29 Claire_A87 - ? dpo
    CD29 athensgeorgia - 6 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? LinaT
    CD?? Orange_Candle - awaiting ov
    CD8 Zeni - awaiting ov
    CD10 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD11 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD13 dragoneye454 - awaiting ov
    CD20 sulphate - awaiting ov
    CD54 DSM348 - awaiting ov
    CD68 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD88 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD113 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 twigpig

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope everyone has had a good weekend :)

I have been using my OPKs since day 9, nothing yet - just a question though, on the glow forum people are getting some sort of faint line everytime they use an OPK during supposed fertile window and it just gets darker - I haven't had a line at all, is that normal? Sorry for the million questions :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Claire_A87
    Options
    Hi Kirsty - think it depends on the OPK you're using. Like HPTs, they vary wildly! I think I remember seeing nothing at the beginning of my cycles and then a line would appear closer to OV. What brand are you using?

Can I be updated to CD1 please? I knew for certain we were out this month and it's still !!!!.

Ah well. New month, new optimism and all that! Just hope OH has recovered a bit this month so we have a chance. We'll see.
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks Claire, I just bought a big batch of 30 generic ones from ebay for now so will have a rethink at some point if that's not working for me!

Sorry to hear you're out this month, even if you already knew it's still a disappointment.

OH is away with work for now, so hoping that I don't ov until Weds at the earliest. I also had a fall at the weekend which mean BDing was out of the window as I have done some pretty intense damage to my ankle and am in awful pain - not good for getting in the mood, but I will struggle through on Weds :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Claire_A87
    Options
    I got some cheapies from amazon that seemed to work OK. I never got a true positive but close enough for me to hazard a good guess at what CD I was OVing, and I got preggers so that was close enough for me! I think I had my surge in the early evening, and I tested in the afternoon. It really is trial and error.

You've just reminded me to go and buy some cheapies for this month - I have zero idea when I'm OVing atm.

Sorry to hear about your ankle :( Just keep it away from...proceedings on Wednesday :rotfl:
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'm testing first thing in the morning as soon as I do my temp but noticed some people were doing 2 a day - so many different people do different things and I feel like I'm just sat in the middle of it all, utterly confused!
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Kirsty, I think it's better to test in the afternoon as the hormone levels rise during the day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback