Marriage Allowance

Comments

• zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jdimsdale wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that gov. plan to up the amount to full unused allowance soon ?

What amount? Not the transferable amount, that has been fixed at 10% of the PA for the next couple of years, however, nothing is set in stone until the budget.
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • zygurat789
    Forumite
    prn6243 wrote: »
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/marriage-tax-allowance?_ga=1.136634544.100693860.1433941842

Your guide states that "One of you needs to be earning £10,600 or less (not including any of your £5,000 tax-free savings interest)"

Looking at other sites including gov.uk it would appear that the £10600 earnings limit DOES include savings interest.

Please review your guide.

Even the gov.uk site is incorrect. It should read total allowances rather than £10,600.
  • It's obvious when you think about it, but it's not made clear in the guide, that it's the partner earning less than £10,600 who needs to register, not the partner wishing to receive the extra allowance.
  • DonnaKebab
    DonnaKebab Posts: 42 Forumite
    Can the marriage allowance be back dated to the previous tax year if one partner did not earn enough pre 1st April but circumstances have changed this tax year?
  • zygurat789
    Forumite
    DonnaKebab wrote: »
    Can the marriage allowance be back dated to the previous tax year if one partner did not earn enough pre 1st April but circumstances have changed this tax year?

No. It commenced 6 April 2015
  • jdimsdale
    jdimsdale Posts: 29
    Forumite
    I thought I heard in autumn statement something about future plan to increase amount ?
  • zygurat789
    Forumite
    jdimsdale wrote: »
    I thought I heard in autumn statement something about future plan to increase amount ?

I can't see any mention of the MA in the Autumn Statement but it is a very detailed and boring tome.
    As a result of the personal Allowance being increased in the Autumn Statement the MA automatically increased.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How long have people waited for the invite? I registered my interest about 6 weeks back and not heard anything
  • steadyat109
    steadyat109 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2015 at 3:41PM
    My wife registered her interest on 5th March 2015 on line and received an acknowledgement saying she would receive details on how to apply within 14 weeks. She has not received anything since 5th March. There is a telephone number available but the cost I believe is 9p per minute and I suspect you will be kept waiting for a while.
    Any suggestions please? Thank you.
  • I cannot find the link on the Ugov site to Verify me before I can continue with the marriage allowance application.
    Where is it?

Fabulous details about what it is and how it works but where where is the link to use It????

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure