Family feud! Reclaiming money paid into property

I have paid approx £25,000 into loan payments, iva debt payments etc all connected to the land my father and I live on. We have fallen out big time and he's refusing to give me back my money, I have statements etc to prove I have paid the money to him how do I get it back?!

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    mr_boony wrote: »
    I have paid approx £25,000 into loan payments, iva debt payments etc all connected to the land my father and I live on. We have fallen out big time and he's refusing to give me back my money, I have statements etc to prove I have paid the money to him how do I get it back?!

Hi Mr Boony - this isn't a topic that we're covering on our CAB board at the moment. We'd urge you to consider getting expert legal advice from a solicitor on your options. We have some information on our Adviceguide website on getting money back that you're owed, and getting help with legal costs -

- Can I get money I'm owed by going to court?

- Small claims

- Help with legal costs

You could also consider using a mediation service instead of going to court (and which will be cheaper), and this information on the LawWorks website may be helpful in that respect.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure