IVA not on Credit Score

Hi,
My husband and I are coming to the end of year 5 of our IVA. We have to pay an extra 12months as we couldn't release equity from our mortgage - all fine and expected.

I've seen a few posts saying once you've finished your IVA to check a credit score website as often creditors don't always remove files etc. So out of curiosity myself and my husband signed up to check it out on Experian.

My credit rating was "very poor". Shows a couple of creditors that I'll probably have to chase once the IVA is complete. And it showed that I'm still in a IVA.
My husbands credit score, on the other hand couldn't be any different!
He's got "999 excellent credit rating"!
Unlike me he has no creditors that have put a mark on there. It shows his bank account and mobile phone account which is in his name so that's all correct!
But it doesn't show that he's in a IVA!
Why would that be and how's he got the highest possible credit rating when he's in a IVA?!

It doesn't really matter, we certainly won't be taking on any credit, but a few years down the line we'll probably want to move house and look at a new mortgage so I don't want any nasty surprises cropping up in the future!

Comments

• Remember all the scores are made up and therefore entirely meaningless.

Check all three files to see what appears on them. It sounds like you've only checked Experian.
  • Yes I did only check Experian but as the Iva was showing on my Experian, I would have presumed it would show on his Experian too!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    they all show different stuff. my experian (and the martin lewis one) doesnt show my ccj but the other 2 do. then a virgin media account doesnt show on 2 of them but does on 1 of them. just put all 3 together and you might have a fuller picture.
  • We've just looked on clear score and it's not on there either. Will keep looking!!
  • Have you checked that he is listed on the insolvency register?

This be a silly question (so please don't be offended!) but is the IVA definitely in his name also? Check the documentation (.e.g proposal, annual report) and make sure his name is listed on them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure