2»

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whistler23 wrote: »
    Hello Vodafone Rep,

I found this thread via google. I ended my vodafone contract back in May/June. Vodafone hasn't updated all of the Credit Reference Agencies. Experian, Equifax and Call Credit, it is still open on all of them.
    Can this be looked into please? I have followed the advice above and got a ticket number which is #14487043
    I didn't open a new thread as this already fits the criteria, hope that is OK.

You'd be much better off posting this in the main Voda complaints thread at the very top of page one of this forum. . .
  • Whistler23
    Options
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    You'd be much better off posting this in the main Voda complaints thread at the very top of page one of this forum. . .

Thank you, done!
  • Here from Google, seems this problem is still ongoin, i have a similar problem Vodafone wont shut my closed account down and report to the credit agencies

and this is after my first and only year with the company and their terrible service!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    If you've only been with them for a year they wouldn't shut down the account if you terminated it early until you'd paid the remainder of the contract (assuming it was a two year contract). In that scenario you would end up with adverse entries on your credit files that would not be removed.

If you paid what was owed when it was owed (including any ETF) and didn't terminate the direct debit too early you should follow the instructions on the main Vodafone Complaints thread and contact the WRT.
  • DisgruntledConsumer
    DisgruntledConsumer Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:43PM
    Options
    15 month contract ended early in july. paid off in full in august/sep (rough time frames) I know its only a few months but vodafones assurances made me think they had this sorted. And all previous credit companies seem to work quicker than this.

Voda***t
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    As far as I'm aware there's never been such a thing as 15 month contract. Something's wrong with your basis for closing the account and I suspect you are showing as having an unsettled debt on your credit files too. I think it's more to do with your confusing description and lack of detail. If you paid it off early you would have needed to pay the remaining (presumably) 9 months.
  • Nope short contract and i paid £70 as it was not the usual 24. get them through comparison sites. anyway vodafone have contacted me and said they have update the credit agencies, and i have to wait a month? for it show up. Complained through the procedures advised on this website.

It just seem like the people on the phone dont have as much knowledge as whoever is dealing with my claim now. That first line of defence again...
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi DisgruntledConsumer,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best of experiences with us.

If the account remains open on your credit report, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nope short contract and i paid £70 as it was not the usual 24. get them through comparison sites.

Could you post a link to these 15 month contracts?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport