What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi gang

I’m trying to stay positive after I lost the rag last night… You know when you know you are being quite irrational but things just get so infuriating?! I spent last night re-jigging YNAB to cover an overspend for OH’s training… fine, we had both discussed how he could do it this month and what we would have to cut back on so that he could. I’ve been trying really hard with groceries, making lunches, making sure we both have brekkie to stop canteen trips etc. Finally got the books balancing (by borrowing from other categories we will need to funnel more into next month) and OH comes in with a T’s carrier bag! I reckon he spent less than £10 but I was well annoyed. I know it’s not a major issue as there is £2k in the bank :o but our grocery budget has been used up this month… :mad: Now I’ve got another recoup job coming up and another £10 to find from somewhere else. OH just spends what he wants (although he hardly spends anything but that is not the point…) and I need to do the thinking of how we can get it to work. :mad:

Ooh DNMS - sounds like us with the one car!

CLF - take it easy! I've heard crochet helps earache :)

Enjoy your day off FVD!
  • CLF - take it easy! I've heard crochet helps earache :)

hahaha I wish it did. Actually, holding my head down makes it worse!

Cheers for the well wishes folks. 5 day course of Amoxycillin for me!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,102 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon Campers,
    Not a huge amount of money saving been going on here today, but no spending either:
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water & let my hair dry naturally so a bit of energy saved there.
    *Laundry blowing dry for free out in the garden.
    *Free fitness clearing & digging over garden for an hour & a half.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Made dough in bread machine. Pizza bases & cobs now proving.A few Use-it-ups will shortly be going in the tppping.
    *Might do some sock knitting later but we have to eat early & get out to a meeting, so it won't be yet.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2017 at 9:48PM
    Hi :hello: I used to post in here a long long time ago and can always remember everyone was so kind and supportive and now that I'm on a new mission I thought I'd start posting on here again.

I was working nightshift last night so just woke up after a really good sleep, today I plan to:

• [STRIKE]Check bank account[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check FPL[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Enter some competitions [/STRIKE]
    • Pack / Bin / Bag for charity shop/Ebay 100 things for moving
    • [STRIKE]PAD[/STRIKE] £1.19 to savings pot
    • [STRIKE]Write shopping list and stick to it![/STRIKE] forgot the tomatoes, will need to get these tomorrow
    • [STRIKE]Asda for a few bits to last a couple of days[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Washing on airer[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Look at some dfw challenges[/STRIKE] I don’t want to over commit myself but will definitely start “make £10 a day” challenge next month and continue “payment a day”
    • [STRIKE]Kindly ask my brother for the money back that he owes me[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Call TV Licence and let them know I’ll be cancelling my direct debit as I’m moving out[/STRIKE] 17 minutes it took :mad:
    • [STRIKE]Get fuel[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Go through bag of things for Ebay – It’s been in the cupboard for months and I’ve never gotten round to doing anything about it[/STRIKE] I now have 26 items that need to go on ASAP
    • [STRIKE]Update signature[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Update spending diary[/STRIKE]

Hope everyone has a fab day!

Lx
  • Hi :hello: I used to post in here a long long time ago and can always remember everyone was so kind and supportive and now that I'm on a new mission I thought I'd start posting on here again.

I was working nightshift last night so just woke up after a really good sleep, today I plan to:

• Check bank account
    • Check FPL
    • Enter some competitions
    • Pack / Bin / Bag for charity shop/Ebay 100 things for moving
    • Work on essay
    • PAD
    • Write shopping list and stick to it!
    • Asda for a few bits to last a couple of days
    • Washing on airer
    • Look at some dfw challenges
    • Kindly ask my brother for the money back that he owes me
    • Call TV Licence and let them know I’ll be cancelling my direct debit as I’m moving out
    • Get fuel
    • Go through bag of things for Ebay – It’s been in the cupboard for months and I’ve never gotten round to doing anything about it
    • Update signature
    • Update spending diary

Hope everyone has a fab day!

Lx

Welcome back :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Afternoon money savers
    Hoping those feeling under the weather are feeling a bit better:)
    Not been productive as I would like but
    *Took my daughter to the orthodontist
    *My daughter wanted to pop in the Range on the way home, thought I'll just have a look at the birthday cards (and put them back so expensive) but still ended up spending on craft goodies:mad:.......but they were a treat for me, haven't crafted for ages and want to get back into it again and finish a wedding album:A
    *banking all done and checked this morning
    *pet cleaning sorted
    *Dishwasher all sorted and being reloaded
    *other parcel posted for my brother-Didn't have to pay anything.
    *top up shop including cat food supplies I'm not doing any more of these until a main shop on Friday

FVD do you know I never think of myself as an amputee as I have spinal damage as well. Was warned before having DD that surgery may not save the leg, I remember being absolutely devastated, but once the operations started it was completely different, it wasn't about me but DD. Unfortunately an infection a year after surgery left me fighting for my life, stemming from the collapsed knee. I was then told that they couldn't save the leg but had to go home for a year on antibiotics as my body was too weak to withstand an amputation at that point. I would have honestly cut the leg off at the end, it was literally dying in front of me, and there was no guarantee that an infection wouldn't flare up again, it was like living with a ticking time bomb. I was so mentally prepared, had the amputation Friday, was home by the Tuesday. I always forget I am an amputee as I have a phantom leg, but the brain strangely remembers the spinal damage leg not the walking leg. Have had phantom limb physio- it is amazing for the pain.
    It was once mentioned in a meeting that an amputee had been mentioned in university assignments, I said we haven't got an amputee, and everyone turned round and said yes we have- you!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DNMS thank you once again for starting the new thread.

It's lovely and sunny here today, but bitterly cold. Think I should of lit the stove this morning, I won't bother now as both children are out at activities and I'm going round to wish a friend happy birthday. At least I have saved some money by not lighting it.

Woke up to find my parents had transferred over £5K, huge surprise. They have done the same for my sister. This is from some of the money they inherited from my Grandmother. My Grandmother had much larger savings than any of us realised. I just wish she had used it to carry on doing the things she enjoyed for longer, like taking a taxis to swimming and Church. Later in life she could of made her life so much easier by getting in a little support. Saying all that she lived in her flat, by herself at 95yo + up until her final hospital stay.
    I have know idea how we are going to use the money, I haven't even told OH yet, as I want to do it face to face and at a time when he is able to concentrate without his headaches causing distractions.

I'm nearly out of charge, I'll try to get back later to read what everyone has been up to.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi gang

I’m trying to stay positive after I lost the rag last night… You know when you know you are being quite irrational but things just get so infuriating?! I spent last night re-jigging YNAB to cover an overspend for OH’s training… fine, we had both discussed how he could do it this month and what we would have to cut back on so that he could. I’ve been trying really hard with groceries, making lunches, making sure we both have brekkie to stop canteen trips etc. Finally got the books balancing (by borrowing from other categories we will need to funnel more into next month) and OH comes in with a T’s carrier bag! I reckon he spent less than £10 but I was well annoyed. I know it’s not a major issue as there is £2k in the bank :o but our grocery budget has been used up this month… :mad: Now I’ve got another recoup job coming up and another £10 to find from somewhere else. OH just spends what he wants (although he hardly spends anything but that is not the point…) and I need to do the thinking of how we can get it to work. :mad:

Ooh DNMS - sounds like us with the one car!

CLF - take it easy! I've heard crochet helps earache :)

Enjoy your day off FVD!

I'd be cross too. It's very annoying when you are clearly turning yourself inside out to keep things going and someone else just doesn't support you. :mad:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    DNMS thank you once again for starting the new thread.

It's lovely and sunny here today, but bitterly cold. Think I should of lit the stove this morning, I won't bother now as both children are out at activities and I'm going round to wish a friend happy birthday. At least I have saved some money by not lighting it.

Woke up to find my parents had transferred over £5K, huge surprise. They have done the same for my sister. This is from some of the money they inherited from my Grandmother. My Grandmother had much larger savings than any of us realised. I just wish she had used it to carry on doing the things she enjoyed for longer, like taking a taxis to swimming and Church. Later in life she could of made her life so much easier by getting in a little support. Saying all that she lived in her flat, by herself at 95yo + up until her final hospital stay.
    I have know idea how we are going to use the money, I haven't even told OH yet, as I want to do it face to face and at a time when he is able to concentrate without his headaches causing distractions.

I'm nearly out of charge, I'll try to get back later to read what everyone has been up to.

What a wonderful surprise. I hope you will enjoy the money. And I'm sure your Grandmother lived her life how she felt best. Some people live in a 'cant take it with you' manner, others want to make it easier for those coming behind. Enjoy her gift to you. :A

• Bobarella
    Happykitties You sound amazing! To cope with all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport