IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter from TNC and aggressive phone call

Hi,

Last year my family and I parked in a car park in St Ives. We bought a ticket for a few hours which was displayed on the dashboard. When we decided to stay for some lunch - my husband ran all the way back, purchased a new ticket and stuck it to the inside of the drivers door window. We had a great day, got back to the car (where there was no evidence of a pcn. In October, we received a letter saying we had been issued a pcn which had not been paid. Luckily, we still had the valid ticket! So we sent the ticket to them, we appealed and that was declined! Since then we noticed that you can actually see our ticket under the yellow wallet of the pcn which was not on our car when we returned!! (Suspicious no?) as is, a pcn being put on a door window rather than the windscreen? So, this has now been referred to TNC who have sent a letter and also called me today. The woman I spoke to seemed irate at the fact I wouldn't pay the now £179 and said that 'officers don't just go around putting pcns on cars for no reason' - she said that her and her manager had looked at the photo and couldn't see our ticket displayed. I told her that I have the valid ticket and I displayed it and so I have no intention of paying it and wasn't sure why she was becoming aggressive with me. She said that she now had it recorded that I've said I'm not paying and it's going further. The thing I'm worried about is a court order and this whole thing affecting me getting a mortgage which I hope to be doing soon. The fact is, I know I'm in the right, I have the valid ticket and you can see it in the photo. Should I pay it? Or should I keep defending it as it's clearly unscrupulous?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• dazster
    dazster Posts: 502 Forumite
    TNC is merely a debt collector and can/should be ignored. Block calls from their number if you can, otherwise just don't answer.

Who was the parking company? I hope you sent them a copy of the ticket when you appealed and you've still got the actual ticket?

You are a long, long way from a court case and if you've still got your evidence of payment it's very, very unlikely to come to that.
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    No, don't pay them.

Don't accept any more phone calls from them. Everything in writing!

Did you send them the real ticket, or a copy? I hope the latter.....

I believe TNC are a debt collector (they are powerless, can't take you to court, so ignore them) - so who was the parking company?
    Did you mention or give away who was driving in the original appeal?
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never speak to them on the phone and ignore anything you get from them that isn't instigating court action. Do not pay them, as you'll beat them at court quite easily, should it ever get that far.

It seems they are with the BPA, so send in a complaint that your windscreen ticket was tampered with, you weren't told about POPLA in your rejection, and the agressive nature of the phone call. Nothing will happen, but the more complaints filed the better.
  • Hiya,

Thank you for your response. Yes we still have the original ticket and sent it when we appealed.
  • dazster
    And the parking company was...?
  • The first company was armtrac - the issuer, then we appealed via IPC and lost!
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    can you post the full ias appeal and rejection, as well as the car park where you were ticketed in the first place
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • dazster
    Ah, good old Mike "Binman" Cooke! That explains the ghost ticket.

Given that you paid and can prove it the likelihood of it going any further is vanishingly small. What tortured logic did the IAS use to reject your perfectly valid case that you had (provably) paid?

Anyhow you have no need to worry about TNC, and don't speak to them. Even if you answer the 'phone without realising it's them just hang up.
  • Who is Mike 'Binman' Cooke? I will try to post the appeal and rejection. I'll find out the name of the car park and post this too! Thank you all.
  • dazster
    edited 25 February 2016 at 4:07PM
    Jodilina wrote: »
    Who is Mike 'Binman' Cooke? I will try to post the appeal and rejection. I'll find out the name of the car park and post this too! Thank you all.

He is the scruffy, unshaven gobsh!te who runs Armtrac and has a track record for threatening physical violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure