Budget Planner Discussion Area

Comments

• Hi, I have an imac and cannot get the budget planner to work any one know how ? cheers :confused:
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Joto wrote:
    Hi Is there anyway, I can add extra lines to the Budget Planner. Or change some of the items I don't need, to ones I do. I'm not very up on excel Thanks

The spreadsheet is "as is", it has undergone several revamps since it's creation and it would be worth checking that you have the most recent version from the download page Click Here

Please feel free to add your suggestions to this thread & they might be implemented in future versions.
  • Tony_H_3
    Forumite
    cj2005 wrote:
    Hi, I have an imac and cannot get the budget planner to work any one know how ? cheers :confused:

The spreadsheet version was designed using Microsoft Excel, I am not aware of how you could make it work within a "Mac" environment. Click Here to use the online version.
  • Tony_H_3
    Forumite
    If you have completed the MSE Budget and have debts you might like to use this calculator to work out how much to pay off each debt. Click Here and see post 12 for more information.

Hope you find this useful.
  • 1645j
    1645j Posts: 26 Forumite
    I have just downloaded the budget planner,however when I try to open the budget planner in Microsoft Works 8 it tells me that the file is password protected and needs to be opened first in Excel and then saved in Excel, since I don't have Excel I can't open the file :confused: any suggestions please.
  • jate_2
    jate_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    hi all, were can l find out about the food planner ?

Cheers
  • In theory it all seems well but how can I budget when as a freelancer I don't know how much I will earn from one month to the next? eg November £4000, Aug £120, Jan £??
    It's very confusing.
    Thanks for any tips
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Tony H,

Inspired by my first viewing of "Make Me Rich" I downloaded the spreadsheet today and gave it a spin. It looks good, but I have a suggestion for any future version.

The formula in the monthy total column could be changed to (for row 6):

= D6*4.33 + E6 + F6/12

where D6 = per week amount
    E6 = per month amount
    F6 = per year amount

This would allow one to populate the per week, per month and per year columns either separately (as now) or in combination (which you can't do despite what it says in the comment box).

If you want a blank "" displayed when no entries are made in either column you can use the above formular with a combination of the IF and OR formulae:

=IF (OR(D6<>0,E6<>0,F6<>0),D6*4.33 + E6 + F6/12,"")

These changes will also allow weekly, monthly or yearly ammounts to be smaller than £1 (which at present are not allowed.)

Regards
    David.
  • Question: On the income spreadsheet it refers to a "calorie Counter" for self-employed tax and NI, but I cannot find any further detail about this. What is it and where can it be found?

Suggestion: Why not just post the spreadsheet password, then those who are familiar with Excel can use Unprotect to adapt the spreadsheet to their own requirements.

Guy
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    ddclutch wrote:
    Question: On the income spreadsheet it refers to a "calorie Counter" for self-employed tax and NI, but I cannot find any further detail about this. What is it and where can it be found?

Suggestion: Why not just post the spreadsheet password, then those who are familiar with Excel can use Unprotect to adapt the spreadsheet to their own requirements.

Guy

I think thats a good idea and if you mess up you can just delete and start again. I have a massive excel spreadsheet for my work and needed to crack the password to get it on to my pda, hubby was able to do this somehow. (Turned out file was far to big for pda, sold pda, bought new laptop!)
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure