petition to get reeclaim back and easier refund process from TFL

hi guys, I hope all is well.

I just wanted to bring your attention to a petition to try in trying to get easier refunds from tfl. I have been waiting for reeclaim to come back but I think they have been well and truly blocked by tfl :money:

please search change org website for " Escalate unacceptable service and provide easier means of refund for Tube Passengers" (sorry couldnt put up the link)

lets make a change!

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    On the (relatively) few occasions I've need some sort of refund from TfL they have been a model of efficiency. Because you think (with no evidence adduced) that your particular refund has been blocked by TfL you would like us to sign a petition that you don't link to. I fear you won't get many takers with your approach.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Will look out for your petition on Change.org, but doubt I would sign it
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The reeclaim website doesn't work at the moment so you can't use it. You should make any claim you have direct with TfL.
  • Jumblebumble
    Jumblebumble Posts: 1,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    raiden112 wrote: »
    hi guys, I hope all is well.

I just wanted to bring your attention to a petition to try in trying to get easier refunds from tfl. I have been waiting for reeclaim to come back but I think they have been well and truly blocked by tfl :money:

please search change org website for " Escalate unacceptable service and provide easier means of refund for Tube Passengers" (sorry couldnt put up the link)

lets make a change!
    What utter rubbish
    just send an email and they will process it.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    OP The ONLY sort so of refunds that TFL do are of the Kicking & Screaming variety.

There are 1001 examples but here’s a TFL tweet regarding refunds for the service they weren’t providing during the last strike....

"I am afraid refunds are not processed for strike action".

But in an embarrassing climb down the Underground operator has been forced to admit that not providing the service yet charging customers anyway is against the law.

Shashi Verma, TfL's Director of Customer Experience, said: "If a customer gets in touch, then we will consider any request for a refund in line with the Consumer Rights Act.”

This is the sort of company your up against!
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are 1001 examples but here’s a TFL tweet regarding refunds for the service they weren’t providing during the last strike....

"I am afraid refunds are not processed for strike action".

but if you look at what the tweet was in response to they are right to say that. It was poorly worded & easy to take out of context - but thats twitter for you.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    “I am afraid refunds are not processed for strike action“

Seem pretty self explanatory really.
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    “I am afraid refunds are not processed for strike action“

Seem pretty self explanatory really.

It does, but if you look at the context (request for delay refund when an alternative service was provided which met its own time table but did take longer than the normal route) it is correct for that case. It isn't relevant to a situation where
    "not providing the service yet charging customers anyway is against the law." because they did provide a service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure